What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friends stolen mini ipad

mbaatt7999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Ok a friends ipad was stolen they didn't turn on Find My Ipad can it still be tracked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm afraid not, this feature does need to be turned on to be able to track the iPad.

Sorry, it's not better news!

OP
mbaatt7999

mbaatt7999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The people said they paid to get it tracked???? WhT r they talking about

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it a wifi + cellular ipad? I believe a cellular iPad (through AT&T anyway) can be tracked if its turned on and you use their tracking program. It also can be "black listed" or, disabled to not work on any cellular network. If wifi only, they might be out of luck.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The people said they paid to get it tracked???? WhT r they talking about

Afaik, there is nothing to pay to track your Apple device, but you can once try contacting Apple, maybe they have some way of doing this, but the chances are narrow...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That only works if it's been found correct Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That database could be used by anyone who comes in contact with a possibly stolen iPad, such as a repair shop. If a check with the database showed that the iPad was on the list, it could then be turned over to the proper authorities.

Most reactions