What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friendly for facebook

Maksumul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today I updated friendly for Facebook. It has started crashing after that showing some error message "net pad error". Can anyone please help me in this matter.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Several people have had problems with the update. Restarting the iPad fixed it for some of us. Turn the iPad off by holding down the power button until the red power off slider shows. Slide it off. After the iPad completely shuts down press the power button again until the Apple logo shows.

Luck.

OP
M

Maksumul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried restarting after complete switch off. Once started normally then again same error message appears.

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the same issue. App just froze after the update. So deleted the app now use web browser to access Facebook.

sorkaSpellbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maksumul said:
Today I updated friendly for Facebook. It has started crashing after that showing some error message "net pad error". Can anyone please help me in this matter.

I have tried EVERYTHING to fix this problem short of restoring my iPad to factory settings and nothing works. Clicking on "support" in the app store takes me to........FACEBOOK in Safari where I can't even type in a comment. I even purchased another app for Facebook and it is giving me problems. Have to say I am pretty disgusted at this point. Thank goodness i'm not one of those that stays on FB all day.

Tbags4ever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I deleted and reinstalled and that didn't work for me either. My issue is that it only wants to navigate FB as a mobile web page. I downloaded myPad and the same thing is happening. I am wondering if it is a Facebook problem.

Reaction score
Facebook is offline right now. I've been having problems with the m site all week.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a problem with the app and this is what they have in there support page:

"Friendly Facebook for iPad
We are working on a fix for the "Netpad"/black screen issue. This issue is affecting some users on both the new 3.5 update as well as the previous version.

The problem is related to a change Facebook has made to their server, and we are working as fast as we can to provide a solution.

Rebooting the iPad worked for some users. Will post an update as soon as we have a more comprehensive solution."

In hope this help to clarify some of our questions.

stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Reaction score
Facebook sucks. If Apple wants to stop jail breaking they should hire the Facebook team to do their next update because as sure as stink stinks they'll break the jailbreak so it's useless ,;)

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just saw this in the Facebook page!!!

Friendly Facebook for iPad
UPDATE: We’ve submitted Friendly 3.5.1 Fix to Apple. Apple has agreed to review it in priority, and is currently working on it. I will post an update as soon as the fix is available in the App Store.

The problems (startup,black screen,m.facebook...) were related to a change Facebook has made to their server, and unfortunately is affecting all versions of Friendly.

Thanks for your patience and continued support.
6 hours ago · Like · Comment

Stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

dannybarley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ditch the Facebook apps, use Safari! Until the official Facebook app for iPhone is optimised for iPad, I'm not interested! That goes for Friendly, and Facepad!

Attachments

• image-3113871041.png
    image-3113871041.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 160
  • image-1566746816.png
    image-1566746816.png
    24 KB · Views: 152

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Friendly 3.5.1 is now available in the app shop. Just installed it and seems to be working again OK.

Most reactions

Latest posts