What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friend works at the Apple Store

thewaffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A friend of mine works at the Apple Store and got a chance to play with the Ipad 3. He said the screen is absolutely beautiful, saying once you look at it it's hard to go back to looking at the other models. Other than that he said he doesn't feel it warrants selling your IPad 2 for less than 1/2 it's value on some of these sites that offer a certain amount. He said if you have the IPad 1 it's a no brainer but if you have the IPad 2 then unless money is no issue you might want to control your impulsive emotions after drooling over the screen and just be very happy with the model you have.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your friend is entitled to his opinion and others to theirs (I'm glad you reporedt his comments about the screen -- cause that's what I want). Everyone can decide from himself/herself what the worth of the upgrade is. For me, this is a definitely winner of an upgrade. I'm always staring at computer screens and I want the absolute best screen tech I can get - an apple has simply outdone themselves on this upgrade by making entry level at $500. And I'm really not an apple fanboi (I'm sure I sound like one). I have lots of Windows and Android stuff, but Apple is just kicking butt in all the right places. This will raise the bar on displays for certain, and that is a wonderful thing.

Dragonrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have one of the very 1st iPad V1.0, and am looking forward to my new iPad (3), arriving tomorrow. Both are 64G, black, WiFi/3-4G units, so I'll get to do a full side by side evaluation!!! Since I get to pass my V1 within the company, I will get full price for it, so my V 3 is essentially free…. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts