What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freezing Apps

tonyc1946

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am new to these forums but had an IPad for a year or so.

I have a numb of Apps all of which worked well until the last OS update. Since then some the games freeze after for instance playing a shot in golf. You have to quit the game then go back into it tap "Resume" and continue your next shot after which you have to do it all over again.

Anyone any ideas please?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know

Hi Tony - welcome to the forum! :)

I'm assuming that your iOS update was to v.6? My first suggestion would be to shut down the apps on the home screen, then FORCE CLOSE each offending one in the multi-task bar which can be brought up @ the bottom of the screen by double tapping the home button or by using multi-fingering gesturing (upward swipe); once opened, tap & hold an app until all jiggle, then press the red minus sign on each misbehaving game; return to the home screen and try again.

If this does not resolve your issues, then I would delete the games and return to the app store; re-install each game (these should be free if already purchased by you) which will load the most recent version onto your iPad (those games not updated to iOS6 may still have 'bug' problems - don't know?).

If none of these suggestions work, then please post back - good luck!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's always a good idea to reset the iPad after an update, if you have not already done so.

--------------

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions