What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free version of Word

Ian_NZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found that the free version of Word will not work on my 11” 2018 iPad pro. I get the following message “To edit and save, sign in with an Office 365 subscription”.
It still works fine on my iPad Air. They are both on the same Apple account. Has anyone else found this?
Thanks,
Ian

OP
I

Ian_NZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found that the free version of Word will not work on my 11” 2018 iPad pro. I get the following message “To edit and save, sign in with an Office 365 subscription”.
It still works fine on my iPad Air. They are both on the same Apple account. Has anyone else found this?
Thanks,
Ian

I have found the answer in the fine print in the App store. The free version only works on devices with screens smaller than 10.1”.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have found the answer in the fine print in the App store. The free version only works on devices with screens smaller than 10.1”.
That rule dates from before the iPad Pro was first sold.

Most reactions

Latest posts