What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free up space on Ipad 2

CC268

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have downloaded a few JB apps and such but I want to make sure I maintain a good amount of space as I have the 16GB 3G Ipad 2, so i can only upload about 2 movies on it :(. I dont have any music on it as I have my phone and ipod for that, but are there any files or anything I should get rid of in iFile, or anything I can do to get the most space out of my ipad 2?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is nothing significant taking up space on your iPad which you should delete by default. It's not Windows you know :p
Seriously, if you haven't put anything on there, there is not much to remove. Don't go trying to remove stuff you don't recognise. That's a recipe for disaster... IMHO.

OP
C

CC268

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm actually completely out of space with games nd what not is there a way to get external storage?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when you plug into itunes, whats killing the space the most.

OP
C

CC268

iPF Noob
Reaction score

8.4th video from the mechanic and pirates of the Caribbean. Of course these are only on there because I'm on vacation so they are for the plane ride then will be taken off

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score

8.4th video from the mechanic and pirates of the Caribbean. Of course these are only on there because I'm on vacation so they are for the plane ride then will be taken off

Oh ok, then you're good. Last time I checked, you can delete videos right from iPod touch, iphone, by just swiping right and press delete, because it shows them as a list. With iPad no options maybe till iOS 5, or does anyone know a tip.

Edit: found my own tip, by pressing and holding on a video, a x appeared.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, 4GB per movie seems like a full 1:1 DVD rip? Maybe consider something a little more compressed? Most of my movies are <2GB and are still awesome to watch in terms of quality...

OP
C

CC268

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, 4GB per movie seems like a full 1:1 DVD rip? Maybe consider something a little more compressed? Most of my movies are <2GB and are still awesome to watch in terms of quality...

rented off itunes so not sure how to get them compressed

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CC268 said:
rented off itunes so not sure how to get them compressed

He is talking about ripping DVDs. Average DVD is about 5 gb, so take away the special features and you get a 4gb movie.

Most reactions