Free Skype Group Video Calling Coming Soon to iOS

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by RaduTyrsina, Apr 29, 2014.

1. RaduTyrsina

RaduTyrsina News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69 / 0
    skype-ios.jpeg

Skype has finally made the group video calling feature free for desktop users running OS X or Windows, Linux and on Xbox One. Previous, group video calling used to be limited to Skype’s Premium users on Windows desktop and Mac for $4.99 for a day pass or $8.99 per month. The same feature has been available for free on Google Hangouts for quite a while now and now Microsoft has decided that it’s time to offer this much needed feature for free.

In the near future, owners of mobile devices will also welcome this feature, as support for free group video calling will soon be added to Windows 8 touch, Windows Phone, Android and iOS. The fact that Skype user had to pay quite a big price for this feature has been one of the biggest complaints, but not anymore.

Source: iPhoneForums
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +978 / 0
    Thanks for the Skype notification - I'm a member of the Mac-Forums which has a Sunday chat session using Google Hangouts - I've joined in just a few times so far and there seemed to always be a hassle - I'll relay this information - Dave :)