What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free PDF to JPEG Converter?

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks. Recently acquired an iPad 2 and am slowly learning it. Really like it by the way. I currently have PDF Reader Lite installed. Are there any pdf to jpg converter freebies or can I export a pdf to jpeg like I can on my pc Adobe Reader?

Thank you

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is a screen capture not good enough? That is the easy option.

OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't think of screen capture. I just need a format for images I can later post to an automotive forum I participate in. It's a phpBB powered forum and I have no idea if it accepts images other than .jpg. I do know it only accepts tiny (near thumbnail size) if they are posted from an upload site like ImageShack, etc. Just trying to maximize utility of this little iPad 2. Thanks guys.

OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Performed screenshot.
Using iCab mobile I successfully uploaded to phpBB powered forum.
During the process, noticed the screenshot had a .jpg extension.
Do screenshots get saved as a .jpg now or with my using icab did it convert the format or ........?
Though it's so totally different from my windows driven notebook, I'm really beginning to enjoy this little iPad.
My intent when purchasing the iPad was to keep it in my truck primarily for monitoring weather radars (Alabama tornadoes) and for any lengthy (longer than ten seconds or so) internetting when mobile.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting.

I've made a few tests, and from what I can see if you upload a screenshot from Safari on iOS it converts it to a JPG.

When I send via Mail, it remains a PNG.
When I upload to this forum using the iPF app, it remains a PNG.
When I upload to Flickr from the iMac (after emailing it to myself), it remains a PNG.

When i upload to Flickr from Safari on the iPad, it gets converted to a JPG.

I did not test uploading to this forum via Safari, but would guess it would convert to JPG also.

That is strange, and possibly useful, information. I'm glad you noticed. Thanks.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Hmmm, interesting.

I've made a few tests, and from what I can see if you upload a screenshot from Safari on iOS it converts it to a JPG.

When I send via Mail, it remains a PNG.
When I upload to this forum using the iPF app, it remains a PNG.
When I upload to Flickr from the iMac (after emailing it to myself), it remains a PNG.

When i upload to Flickr from Safari on the iPad, it gets converted to a JPG.

I did not test uploading to this forum via Safari, but would guess it would convert to JPG also.

That is strange, and possibly useful, information. I'm glad you noticed. Thanks.

Yes, I quite believe you are correct - this will be useful information, probably sooner rather than later too.

OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once again I really appreciate ya'lls help. Glad I could contribute a wee bit.

Most reactions