What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free apps and trashy ratings

momvetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious why people feel the need to give lousy ratings to free apps without a reason. I understand that the app may not do all that the downloader wants it to do but, afterall, it was free. It's like someone giving out free vanilla ice cream cones and people coming back and complaining that the ice cream didn't have chocolate chips in it. If one is trying to be constructive, he/she should say why the app got the rating it did. Thanks for listening and letting me vent. Man, doesn't anyone read Dale Carnegie anymore? (kidding).

OP
M

momvetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I said...

I'm not saying don't trash it, I'm saying explain why you are trashing it. Tell what you expected and didn't get, what would make it better.

Mayo7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think anyone does it without reason. The app should be getting bad ratings if people don't like it. It helps us determine whether if its worth our time checking it our or not and the developers will know they need to make improvements.

It will be nice if everyone bothered to leave a comment on how to improve it, but to be honest with you, i don't even know how to review the apps. I just get an option to give it a 1 to 5 star rating.

Last edited:

HilltopMichael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the problem is that the most obvious way to rate an application is when you delete it. It's so easy to give a star rating then.

So, if you like the application you really have to go through some effort to rate it. But, if you download something and immediately delete it because you didn't like it, you're probably going to give it a low rating...

Most reactions

Latest posts