What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free App requires credit card?

mardicar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why must I give my credit card when I want to download a free app? I don't like to throw that info around for freebies.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Why must I give my credit card when I want to download a free app? I don't like to throw that info around for freebies.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, I'm assuming that you have setup an Apple ID, if so usually a method of payment is required - this is for purchases (now or later) made in the App store, iTunes, or in iBooks (safe and convenient in my experience) - second, checkout these Apple Support Articles concerning this issue - there are non-credit card options - LINK 1 and LINK 2 - please return w/ further questions - this is an occasional query on the forum. Dave

OP
M

mardicar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. Your reply was very helpful. I still don't like having Apple store my credit card info, but I guess I will have to live with it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. Your reply was very helpful. I still don't like having Apple store my credit card info, but I guess I will have to live with it.
Apple is one of the most secure places online where you can use a credit card.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

No problem and you're welcome - Apple is one of the safest places on the web to store your credit card and makes purchases easy - just consider their position about the government wanting them to break into an iPhone that's been in the news for weeks - good luck! Dave :)

Walid Azizi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There is a way! Go to the App Store with your iPad ( or iDevice ) and try to buy a free app by clicking on "GET" button. When you setup/make your ID, there will be a "None" payment option. Enjoy! :D

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is a way! Go to the App Store with your iPad ( or iDevice ) and try to buy a free app by clicking on "GET" button. When you setup/make your ID, there will be a "None" payment option. Enjoy! :D

Yes - all explained and illustrated in Link 2 in Post #2 in this thread - ;) Dave

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, i didn't tap your links ;(

Not a problem at all - just a gentle and general reminder for all to review previous posts, so as not to 'reinvent the wheel' - ;) Dave
Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 6.01.16 PM.png

Most reactions

Latest posts