1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Freaking out

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Kezza, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Kezza

Kezza iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband bought me an ipad 2 three days ago, I havent put it down since. Loving it! Thought it would be a good idea to allow the battery to go completely flat but now I am getting a message that the internet is not available. I am in a caravan in South East Victoria so I am currently reliant on 3G access only. What can I do to get it up and going again?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    OK - no need to panic!! Have you recharged the battery? Is the 3G icon showing in the menu bar of the iPad at the top left-hand side? Can you recall, when you had Internet access previously, was the signal strong? Are you on a limited data plan - could you have used all the 'data' that was in your plan?

Sorry for so many questions - but get back to us and we'll try and help.

One last thing - it fixes a whole load of problems - really - is to completely power the iPad down by holding the Power button for a couple of seconds until the slider control appears and then accepting the invitation to power it down completely. Once the screen has gone completely blank - it takes a few seconds - press and hold the Power button again until the white Apple logo appears. Wait for it to power up - takes a while - and then try and access the Internet again.

Tim
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,026 / 1
    This sounds like the Verizon 3G bug mentioned in another thread. It was fixed in the last update to 4.3.2, but you may not have that yet.

It happens if you restart the iPad while the 3G cellular radio is turned off.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-2-forum/21900-verizon-ipad-2-3g-connectivity-bug-2.html

The procedure is in post #14, I think.

Basically, you turn the cellular data switch on, then turn the iPad off, then on again.

If you don't know how to shut your iPad off, just hold the power button until the red power off slider appears, and slide it. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold the button again until the Apple logo appears.