What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frappe Design ?

jgreg65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered one of these anyone have any input on them? They look pretty darn good to me. But the jury is still out for me. It should be here next week sometime.

FrappeDesign - The Executive Folio for iPad

top_image.jpg

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest, it looks like any number of other similar corporate-oriented folio cases, i.e. portofolio-style zippers, business card holders, notepad slot, pen loop, etc. I've glanced through their website and it doesn't actually say anywhere that they're using genuine leather.

I'd look at the quality and finishing of the leather (assuming it is genuine to begin with.) From the pictures, it does not look like top-grain or aniline leather, which is the most scratch-resistant (but also retains the original rugged texture and flaws of the hide.) On the other hand, if this is pigment-coated leather, then it could be susceptible to wear and tear, e.g. scars and scratches which leave a discolouration, so you need to handle it carefully. (But as with any leather product, scars can be always repaired with leather solutions.)

Davidmacpherson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For us "lefties" in the world, I like that I could position my iPad on the right side and have the paper notepad on the left. Even standard (non iPad) folio cases force me to have the paper pad on the right and that displaces the entire folio a significant distance to the left ... if you can visualize that - well done!

I might be tempted... lol ... but there are so many things iPad related that tempt me...! Will be interested in your feedback when you receive it jgreg65.

David

TRav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are on the same boat jgreg65 !!

I just ordered 2 of these cases (one for me and another one as a gift).

Thought that it might work well with my iPad since I always travel on a business trip a lot.

Still have to wait for the package to arrive.

Thomas

OP
jgreg65

jgreg65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Trav,

I got it and I like it a lot! The quality is MUCH better than I expected, very strong design. Getting a writing pad full size for it is taking a little bit more than I thought but I'm using smaller one for now. But over all I'm going with a 9 out of 10. By far I will use this one everyday and I can see me wearing it out long down the road for sure.

TRav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh good for you jgreg65, nice to hear that you give it 9 of 10.
So, it could be a worthwhile investment for me too !!:)

I think they should arrive tomorrow.

imc88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also looking for a case that can attach a small notepad for a while.
Several threads have been discussed about this kind of case for months but most of suggestions have no reviews or feedback from the real "USER" yet.
Would like to see feedback from others if possible.

OP
jgreg65

jgreg65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I'm using mine daily for business and it works just as good as shown, actually a little better! And I'm pretty picky customer.

OP
jgreg65

jgreg65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great Review, I have the same feelings.

TRav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi imc88, I've been using it for 2 weeks and would like to share some review of this case for you and may be for other members as well.
I found this after searching for a notepad-attachable iPad case to help my life easier when I have to carry my iPad on duty.

IMG_31145.jpg

IMG_31285.jpg

Exterior - quite good finishing quality, I don’t know what kind of leather but I smell no chemical things — unlike Chinese case that I got from. Stitch and touching of the leather is better than I expected.

SS3.png

The iPad pouch is fit to my iPad quite perfectly (though I haven’t try my iPad with silicone shell yet but I think it should work well) .It has also a leather strap with velcro to prevent the iPad from falling off the folio.

IMG_31125.jpg

The folio has a velcro folding stand, which help the iPad stand on the folio in both portrait and landscape stand, this is quite different from most of the case that support landscape stand only.

SS2.png

On the right side of the folio is what I’m looking for, it has 2 pockets for business cards also 2 pockets for putting some small and large papers. Notepad holder is fit to my small A5 size pads with an elastic ring for holding a pen.

Surprisingly, a function to support both left handed and right handed user is a plus!

Pros.
- product quality is good
- functions to carry all your stuffs e.g. b-cards, pen, notepad
- I like the way that I can stand my iPad in both landscape and portrait
- cover all of iPad, nobody knows what you are carrying (might be a Cons for others :) )
- easy to take out from the case (this is a plus for me since taking the iPad out of the “Apple case” to charge it with the dock everyday is nonsense for me)
- support both left-handed and right-handed users

Cons.
- no hole for charging the iPad like other sleeves (but it’s okay to charge outside the pouch)
- may not suit to user who use iPad mostly for playing games and watching movies

Summary
After used it for a couple of weeks, I think the design is niche, unlike others that aim to make the folio or case in the same way.I will greatly recommend this case to a person who use the iPad at your workplace, office or have to carry your iPad and belongings while traveling on your business trip.
It may not fit to those who spending time with the iPad for games and videos since you have no need to take a note while using Mail or Numbers app.

Last edited:

Speedster00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the review TRav. Im looking for a similar case but I would rather not have to take the IPAD out of a sleeve to use it. I would like it to be held in for protection rather than taking it.

TRav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the review TRav. Im looking for a similar case but I would rather not have to take the IPAD out of a sleeve to use it. I would like it to be held in for protection rather than taking it.

I think it depends on the way people use it.
If you want to share your iPad with your clients or colleagues on the table, this case will simply do that job.

I used to look at some folio in the market like hppyowl, however, it won't let me stand my iPad :)

bioenginerd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FrappeDesign ipad folio with silicone ipad cover

TRav: Great review. Were you able to fit your ipad in the folio with your silicone cover on? I like the idea that you can remove the ipad from the sleeve instead of using it in the case since I only want the folio for business. I was wondering if an ipad with a silicone cover will fit and still be able to zip up with a notepad and stuff in it. I don't want it to be too tight. I do have an ipad2, so it's slightly thinner.
Thank for the great review and help!
:)

Last edited:
OP
jgreg65

jgreg65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it with the silicone iSkin and it works perfectly together.

Most reactions

Latest posts