What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxtel reminder with no sound

AussieRosco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have an iPad mini Retina.
I use the Foxtel Guide app to view TV content.
I set a reminder for a forthcoming programme, the reminder happens on screen but no sound to prompt me to check screen.
I have gone into Setting > Notifications>Foxtel Guide and click the sounds button on.
I have even emailed Foxtel support and they say check apple
Does anyone else have this problem?
Any help would be appreciated
AussieRosco

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check your settings in General - Use Side Switch to. Which one did you choose? If it's "Mute", look at your side switch, next to the volume buttons. If there's something red visible there, system sounds are disabled, and you won't hear notifications. Toggle it to the other side and make sure that volume is turned on.

If that is set to Lock Rotation, check your volume, using the Volume buttons. You can also look at the volume in control center. It's at the left. Also check whether or not you muted your device there:
image.jpg

In Settings - Sound, see if "Change with buttons" is enabled.

In Settings - Do Not Disturb - Silence: "Always" shouldn't be your choice there.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
AussieRosco

AussieRosco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks JA for your input. I had checked all that you mention and still no sound on reminder.?
AussieRosco

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there something in the app itself, that has to be enabled? Just as an example, here's the Birthday app on my iPad:

image-62797331.jpg

As you'll see, there's "Sound Effects" enabled.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi AussieRosco. Johanna has covered much here, but just to make sure..... Reminder alerts are sent via push notifications. Apologies if you've tried this, but have you checked:
Settings>Notification Center>Reminders (badges, banners)....Is the "Alerts" box highlighted?
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
AussieRosco

AussieRosco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi JA, I have gone into the settings and the "Sounds" button is on and green

Hi OB, I have checked that before.

I'm at a bit of a loss now

Cheers, AussieRosco

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No idea what else you could look at.

Try to reset your iPad. You won't lose any data or settings. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, then release both and let the iPad power up.

What you also could try is "Reset all Settings" in Settings - General - Reset. What you set up before, will be lost, and you'll have to look through the app and select what you prefer.

Or delete the Foxtel app, restart and reset your iPad, and install it again. Restarting simply means turning off your device, waiting for a few minutes, and turning it on again.

Most reactions

Latest posts