Foursquare, the location-based social networking website, has now been upgraded to version 8.0 which brings a major overhaul. Foursquare previously announced its plans to split check-ins and social features from location discovery and reviewing features from its mobile apps.
The all-new Foursquare stripped of check-ins and focused on location discovery is rolling out on the App Store. It comes with a new icon, among other changes. Here's what Foursquare said on its official blog:
Here's the entire changelog with all the new features that Foursquare brings to your iPhone and iPad devices:
So, if you have been waiting for these updates to become available, go ahead and follow the link from below to download the app on your iOS device.
- Tell Foursquare your favorite things and it gets to know you. Every search is tailored to your tastes, your past ratings, and picks from friends and experts you trust.
- Your tastes can be very specific like “whiskey” or “salted caramel.” Or more general like “outdoor seating” or “used bookstores.”
- Leave tips to share your best discoveries. Pay it forward and earn expertise.
- Search for restaurants, coffee, nightlife, shops, and more. See what’s nearby or plan ahead.
- When you arrive at a place, see insider tips: what’s good to order or something not to miss.
- Follow people and influencers whose tastes you trust, and their tips show first. Connect your Facebook and twitter accounts and see spots your friends have liked nearby.