What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four more sleeps to go...

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
You should have,mine had 88% out of the box,have fun,try Flipboard,its a brilliant app and it's free,google it tonight so you can see what it's about

Oooh, hope it has that much.

Gotta go to Southampton to get it. Locally, all sold out of the one I want. The person giving me a lift will be getting up early just for me.

Alison
Sent from my GT-I9000 using iPad Forums, soon to be sending from my ipad 2.
great,you will love it,guess i was lucky,i got up last thursday after trying to decide all week between ipad and android and decided on ipad2,i went to town and got the model i wanted in the second shop i tried,was prepared to having to wait too,you picked a great forum,everyone is brilliant,im on here all the time lol,let us know how it goes.

antnita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted to tell you that I coveted my daughter`s ipad 1 when she came to visit me last week. It was so difficult giving it back to her.
Since she lives in Rugby and I live in Manchester we only get to see each other a few times a year, so I persuaded her to stay over and she took me ( btw I am 63 years old )
to two nearby electrical outlets to see what they had. Well the first store had none in stock and the salesperson told me I had no chance of getting one in less than a week. A week!!!!!!!!!!!!, how could I wait a week?.
So we tried the outlet next door and they had them in and I bought one, wifi, black,32gig.
Owning this little baby has changed my life even more than my computer ever did.
It has renewed my interest in technology and I find myself reading about it when not able to use it. Funny how the grandchildren visit me much more often now lol.
One thing that niggled me tho` was that safari would not support Google Chrome when I tried to download it.Has anybody done this succesfully and if so how?
Antnita

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wanted to tell you that I coveted my daughter`s ipad 1 when she came to visit me last week. It was so difficult giving it back to her.
Since she lives in Rugby and I live in Manchester we only get to see each other a few times a year, so I persuaded her to stay over and she took me ( btw I am 63 years old )
to two nearby electrical outlets to see what they had. Well the first store had none in stock and the salesperson told me I had no chance of getting one in less than a week. A week!!!!!!!!!!!!, how could I wait a week?.
So we tried the outlet next door and they had them in and I bought one, wifi, black,32gig.
Owning this little baby has changed my life even more than my computer ever did.
It has renewed my interest in technology and I find myself reading about it when not able to use it. Funny how the grandchildren visit me much more often now lol.
One thing that niggled me tho` was that safari would not support Google Chrome when I tried to download it.Has anybody done this succesfully and if so how?
Antnita
hi,i like google chrome too so i would be interested,i use it on my pro,i am using i google on my ipad2 tho,i just googled making i google my home page.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i never used google chrome before, cause my safari on my Mac is pimped out(added stuff), and like it on ipad too(not pimped out).

a week or 2 ago, i downloaded iChromy from the app store, which i believe is what you are looking for, i don't really use it, but it's there.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Poser said:
i never used google chrome before, cause my safari on my Mac is pimped out(added stuff), and like it on ipad too(not pimped out).

a week or 2 ago, i downloaded iChromy from the app store, which i believe is what you are looking for, i don't really use it, but it's there.

I just saw chromy on google,I might try it

OP
H

hazi1610

Poser said:
which one are you planning to grab?

Either 16 or 32 wifi only, don't care what colour. Lol

The local shop had 10 of the 32 this morning but sold out before they closed this evening.
Aliaon

Alison

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I recommend 32, as 16 is really too small, especially for an ipad.....an ipod maybe.

although most apps are 1-30 mb, games 2-800 mb, few apps 1-2GB.
iPad uses apps, and then your music, video, random files.

My cellphone(iPhone4-32GB), prob 3GB free space available.

My iPad1(32GB), prob 3-4GB free space available, although i have a lot of more stuff i would've like to transfer to the iPad1, i couldn't have since i wanna have some space available, just in case.

Now with an iPad2(64GB-3G), i'm relieved for now, space is not an issue.

Now with the advantage of having the 3G version, i can swap my sim card from my iPhone4, and drop it in the ipad and use my data(6GB) for data use.

(i don't think you might care,but here goes)
Now with something you prob don't know about, there is a hack(must be jailbroken), that ported the iPhone app over to iPad to make phone calls on the iPad1 3G, which i personally like, especially if im gonna have my sim in the ipad, and don't wanna miss any calls, i use speakerphone anyways.
its called phoneit-ipad
phoneit-ipad-available-via-cydia-now-claims-itll-turn-your-ipa.jpg

OP
H

hazi1610

Woohoo, it's today, yeeehaaa. Have hardly slept, woke up every hour through the night. Am soooooo tired. Lol.

Gonna try for the 32g. Depends whether my friend can wait til later for the petrol money. If he can, then 32g it is.

Oh boy am I excited now. Not sure what time we will be leaving as we've both not been up long and I have my dog to walk first.

So excited, hehe.

Alison

OP
H

hazi1610

10 miles to go, I can hardly contain myself. Lol

Alison

jelina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I can't believe how excited I am. Alreday getting impatient, what will I be like on Wednesday, won't be able to sleep.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Poser said:
which one are you planning to grab?

The local shop had 10 of the 32 this morning but sold out before they closed this evening.
Aliaon

Alison

depends really on what you want to do on it,i got 16gb,most of my stuff goes on my macbook pro,if i didnt have that i would have got 64gb,i got both within a few weeks,my ipad2 is my toy to have fun on and for when i need portability,hope you get the one you want

Killman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is how it was for me, for an entire month. I got mine about two weeks ago and its been great. :)

Macette

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hazi1610 said:
10 miles to go, I can hardly contain myself. Lol

Alison

You have made it sound so exciting I can hardly wait till u get it ! You will love it !!! Mine has hardly been out of my hands when I'm home. ENJOY !

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't be mad when the new iPad is out in two months, any buy from target and u have 90 days to return it
ipad3 wont be out while next spring,apple wouldnt release 2 ipads in the same year,i got mine last week after looking into the possibility of it being out in september,not goin to happen

Most reactions