What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found IPad 2, Will this work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigguy211

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found an iPad 2 wifi 16gb laying on the side of a country road, it was inside a nice leather case but the digitizer and lcd both where smashed. I want to repair this and had some questions. Will the device work with just the lcd and not the digitizer? I know it needs the digitizer to be able to interact with it but I want to know if I purchase an lcd for it, see if it will even power on before I spend the money on a digitizer.

Or does the device need to have the digitizer attached in order for the lcd to light up and power on?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That iPad does not belong to you and should be turned into the proper authorities. You will receive no help in repairing or using this iPad.

With that, this thread is now closed.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually I believe if the operating system has been updated you cannot do anything with it without the owners' passcode. It's essentially a brick and a cracked brick at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts