What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found Back case that fits the smart cover

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using a BLACK SMART COVER COMPANION TPU CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2 that I purchased off of eBay, been using it for a couple of weeks.. I love it, works great with the Smart cover. The only problem is it fits over the edge of the iPad to protect the edges, but it lifted the screen protector. So I took it off. he just lowered the price. this is the item number on eBay. 220764882594

gifty74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks, just ordered one! This was the exact type (material) I was looking for. For $13 shipped you can't go wrong. Best Buy sells similar types for like $35-$40.

AppleNut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered one. Not bad for 13.00 bucks. Even though my smartcover is red leather.

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gmaines said:
I have been using a BLACK SMART COVER COMPANION TPU CASE FOR APPLE IPAD 2 that I purchased off of eBay, been using it for a couple of weeks.. I love it, works great with the Smart cover. The only problem is it fits over the edge of the iPad to protect the edges, but it lifted the screen protector. So I took it off. he just lowered the price. this is the item number on eBay. 220764882594

Thanks for posting about this black back only smart cover companion for 12.77 with free delivery . just got it today and love it . It fits very good and looks real good works good with smart cover . And makes holding I pad2 a joy has more grip for holding it . Thanks .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...94&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:MOTORS:1123

Last edited:

Jwin97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great find! Cheap and ships from Jersey, not China. Ordered mine!

gifty74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine today too. It's pretty sweet, but I was expecting a little more of a solid feel. It improves the grip but there are some other soft touch materials that would do a little better. For the price you can't complain though (sorry, just did).

gobluejd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gobluejd said:
Will it fit in dock?

I am not sure but I think it should it's thin. Maybe you could email the eBay seller .
Cimo Cases items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

Thanks. I think I am getting one regardless.

One other question. From the looks of the pics, it appears the cover will not lay flat as the case comes over the edges. Does the cover lay flat on the entire screen?

Also it would probably fit the older style ipad charger....

gifty74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One tip. There's an somewhat sharp edge that runs around the entire perimeter of this case. I did not notice it too much at first, but with more use it became pretty noticeable. I took some fine sandpaper and lightly buffed this fine edge and it made a world of difference. Much better to handle now! This edge is where the mold splits.

oldwineguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the XGear Smart Cover Enhancer, it was a lot more expensive, but i like that it does cover the edge.
ENHANCER_2.jpg

Djdan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered the same item from eBay a few weeks ago and love it. Given how much we've all spent, nice to find a value. Not the top of line quality, but very functional and works perfect with smart cover. Very happy.

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gobluejd said:
Thanks. I think I am getting one regardless.

One other question. From the looks of the pics, it appears the cover will not lay flat as the case comes over the edges. Does the cover lay flat on the entire screen?

Also it would probably fit the older style ipad charger....

The cover fits nice on it you will happy with the fit . Not sure about charger . I am sure you could trim it . I just seen there now 10 bucks with free shipping well worth it

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts