What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foto sync by file name problem

pendl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have fotos with different date but sorted by file name in Windows explorer and the Foto App on the ipad shows only sort by date and not by file name. How can I get a sort by file name on the iPad?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have fotos with different date but sorted by file name in Windows explorer and the Foto App on the ipad shows only sort by date and not by file name. How can I get a sort by file name on the iPad?

The native iPad Photo app can only sort by date and not by file name. There's a 'sort of' work around; if you place your photos in folders on your PC and then sync your iPad those folders and the photos in them will be preserved though, within the folders, they'll still be sorted by date.

If you want to sort by another parameter - such as file name - you'll need to use a third-party app. These will also let you create folders/albums within the iPad, another thing that the native iPad Photo app cannot do.

Tim

OP
P

pendl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, which concrete foto app do you know for sorting fotos according to file name?

Most reactions

Latest posts