What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum user rating

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Firstly, if this question has been asked before, I apologise but I have searched to no avail. Where can I find a list of the little symbols (batteries?) found under an OP's username? How are are they graded?
Thanks

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those are simply post count. They fill up as you increase the number of posts, and top out at 7. After that, you can waffle as much as you please, and it won't increase any more.

What does change is your forum status. The wording changes as your post count increases. Somewhere there is a list giving the number of posts you need to become for example an iPF ninja.

The only other forum status is the number of liked posts you've made, and that doesn't get as much use as it might because it's not available in the app, only the website. This forum, unlike some others, doesn't use reputation.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, Kevin. Any ideas where I can find the list showing the number of posts needed? Purely out of interest to see what the different gradings are. I shall try a search again anyway for practice.

OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Found a list as provided by Twerppoet but not one with the battery symbols. Interesting enough though.

Title Posts
iPF Noob 0
iPF Novice 10
iPad Fan 100
iPad Enthusiast 300
iPad Junkie 500
iPad Addict 1000
iPad Ninja 1500
iPad Guru 2500
iPF Super Guru 3500
iPad Monger 4500
iPad Wizard 6000
iPF Expert 7500
iPF Elite 9000
iPF Legend 10000

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I have no idea. I never took much notice of it. A couple of people have posted the table, but I never saved it.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, 100 posts has just started you on your second battery. Don't know whether the progression is arithmetic or logarithmic. I guess you'll find out when you get to 200.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
it's always nice to see a post liked, if a person has taken the time to reply and help a person out, then the least that person can do is spend a few seconds hitting the 'like' button.

And like you say, it is a shame it can't be done on the app too!!

64GB wifi ipad2 iOS 5.1.1 (Jailbroken using Absinthe v2.0.2) : 120GB iPod Classic (Filled with Rock Classics!) : AppleTV 2G iOS 5.0.1 (Jailbroken using seas0npass)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can get a website view within the app by touching the thread title. That gives you the view that you would see in Safari.

Most reactions

Latest posts