What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Help and Questions

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Private Messages under your ID/Name, top right side ~ then on the left under Options and Settings, you will see Change Avatar.

Follow the steps there, but if you need further assistance just pop back!

Good luck!

MuktownPat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Go to Private Messages under your ID/Name, top right side ~ then on the left under Options and Settings, you will see Change Avatar.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help, I got it! I was trying to do it within the iPF App which I don't think is possible(unless I'm missing something), but I found it by going to ipadforums.net in my browser!

Jlocro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Good luck!

Can any one tell me how to start a thread post? I can only figure how to reply to one.

Thanks.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can any one tell me how to start a thread?
Go to the sub-forum index page where it lists the different threads, and you'll see the small "New Thread" box on the left just above the list. Click on that.

Choose a thread title that gives people some idea of what the thread is about; titles such as "question" or "help please" are not very informative or helpful.

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A Question About Quoting

When you make a quick reply, how do you quote a message? It won't let me check the box so that I can do that?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you make a quick reply, how do you quote a message? It won't let me check the box so that I can do that?
To quote a reply, just click on the blue "quote" box at the bottom right of the post you want to quote. The text of the post you want to quote will then appear in the reply box, and you simply type in what you want to say before or after it.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how do I post a message?
You just did, lol.

I think you may be asking how to post a new thread. If so, go to the index page of the sub-forum appropriate for your topic, and at the top left, above the first thread in the list, you'll see a small purple box that says " New Thread". Click on that, give your thread a good title that gives people an idea what it is about, and away you go.

Alternatively, if you are asking how to send a Private Message (PM), just click on the username of the person you want to send it to. Their profile will appear with an option to "send message".

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's gone today but for several days in the very top right my iPad 2 was a tiny icon with a circle but not a complete 360 degrees, with a lock inside. Anyone know what this icon represents? I don't know how it came onto my screen and I don't know how it disappeared.

Most reactions

Latest posts