What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Help and Questions

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone find more detailed instructions/descriptions on the workings of the new iPad forum app, including the newest update? Colored (red,yellow,green) dot icons, for example.

WannaBeMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do two new tabs pop up whenever I click on links in any of the threads? I click on the link just once and two tabs pop up with the same thing as if I clicked it twice. :confused:

Helenfrances

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to sync my contacts that are on Comcast to my new google acct. on my
ipad as I could not do it from my Comcast account on my pc to the ipad. I have read the user book and have not had success. Thank you. Helenfrances

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have looked everywhere but can't find out how to save one of the fantastic wallpapers. I click on the picture and it says copy. Not sure what to do. Can someone help a noob out? Thanks

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
8nobody8 said:
I have looked everywhere but can't find out how to save one of the fantastic wallpapers. I click on the picture and it says copy. Not sure what to do. Can someone help a noob out? Thanks

find that wallpaper on the photo app. open it, on the upper right corner tap thae box with an arrow . options will pop out if you want to use it as wallpaper.

Brad12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've received a private message from a member and went to reply, but when I hit send was told that I cannot send private msgs until I've done 6 posts.

Can understand a restriction may be reasonable (not sure why though), but surely one should be able to reply? Is this a bug or just overlooked?

Mick the massai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brad12 said:
I've received a private message from a member and went to reply, but when I hit send was told that I cannot send private msgs until I've done 6 posts.

Can understand a restriction may be reasonable (not sure why though), but surely one should be able to reply? Is this a bug or just overlooked?

Trying put a message. I don,t even know what a post is!!!

Attachments

• image-2157990172.jpg
    image-2157990172.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 163

Mick the massai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Posting query.

Hello from a new user. I have at last managed to type a message in the message box but I don't know how.looking forward to blundering my way through the forum content

iKarnt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.adapt.com.au
Cool. A place to ask this:

Why does iPad forum app not let me post??? All I can do is get an advanced reply page, stick in title and, that's it. I can't input any body to a post. I tap, I double tap, no keyboard appears to enter the text, no flashy cursor to indicate I can type.. So I have to go back, then open iPad forum under safari ( thank you to whoever thought of that) and then I can post..
Or is it just me?

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iKarnt said:
Cool. A place to ask this:

Why does iPad forum app not let me post??? All I can do is get an advanced reply page, stick in title and, that's it. I can't input any body to a post. I tap, I double tap, no keyboard appears to enter the text, no flashy cursor to indicate I can type.. So I have to go back, then open iPad forum under safari ( thank you to whoever thought of that) and then I can post..
Or is it just me?

Oh this happened to me. Are you trying to use the ipf app?. If so click on the login button at the top left...log in. Then everything looks different and you will be able to post. If not :(. We will work through It I guess,

Hopedm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo deletion

I have duplicate photos in an album but the delete button will not let me delete one of the two. Help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Blasted IPF App Pop-Up!!!

Moderators:

Do y'all have any control over the pop-up advertisement for the iPad Forum app?

I ask because although I have downloaded the app from the App Store (by clicking the Okay in the pop-up), I still get the pop-up when I browse the forum (I'm using the Atomic Browser). It keeps coming back during the same session, and sometimes causes the app to crash (especially when it pops up just as I'm "opening tab in background"). Very annoying, TBH.

I've attached a picture of the pop-up in case you've never seen it.

I'd appreciate any help in fixing this - I don't want to use the app (font's too small), yet it's hard to browse the forum via the web when I have to keep fighting off pop-ups.

Thanks in advance.

Marilyn

Attachments

• Pop-Up.jpg
    Pop-Up.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 177

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen that popup box, but after I hit Cancel, that is the end of it. By any chance are you deleting your cookies?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having problems with the IPF app. Often when on the current tab I will view a thread then when I go back to the current list it will take me back not to where I was but to a point around 12 hours or so previously, I then have to reload all the threads and try and remember where I was. Is there any cure to this or is it just me?

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts