What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Help and Questions

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MoneyGuy said:
It's gone today but for several days in the very top right my iPad 2 was a tiny icon with a circle but not a complete 360 degrees, with a lock inside. Anyone know what this icon represents? I don't know how it came onto my screen and I don't know how it disappeared.

Screen rotation lock is on. So won't switch between portrait and landscape orienations in this mode.
You may have this set to change with the switch on the side of your iPad.

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MoneyGuy said:
It's gone today but for several days in the very top right my iPad 2 was a tiny icon with a circle but not a complete 360 degrees, with a lock inside. Anyone know what this icon represents? I don't know how it came onto my screen and I don't know how it disappeared.

Screen rotation lock is on. So won't switch between portrait and landscape orienations in this mode.
You may have this set to change with the switch on the side of your iPad.

Ah, gotcha. I found the switch and see that it does what you say it does.

EgyptDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello folks
I got my iPad couple of months ago
I have jail break
But there is that site that I use in my everyday work that won't open
It is a system program that use java or some other language like it !

I have being told to download Vmware, but from wat I understood that u need another desktop to run the vmware (using the ip address and such) and I don't have any machine at the moment but my pad
Appreciate some of your thoughts, is there is any patch I can download?

Cheers

Ps the link is srs.bue.edu.eg

EgyptDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@EgyptDude

There is no patch, but you can try a few alternative browsers:
-Puffin
-iSwifter

They should allow you to use most websites, though the performance isn't great.

Thanxs for quick response

But the thing is we advice our clients at work to use Internet explorer browser only, as we know it won't work with browsers like google chrome and others

So can I use VMware without having another desktop (ip and pass...)?
Or is there is any other solution?
Or could the above mentioned browsers will work?( I highly doubt that)

Thnxs in advance

Reaction score
EgyptDude said:
Thanxs for quick response

But the thing is we advice our clients at work to use Internet explorer browser only, as we know it won't work with browsers like google chrome and others

So can I use VMware without having another desktop (ip and pass...)?
Or is there is any other solution?
Or could the above mentioned browsers will work?( I highly doubt that)

Thnxs in advance

Ok, I can see where you are coming from. If the Internet explorer is a must, than you will need to use an app to remotely connect to the windows PC. And ideally, you don't want to install anything on the computers either, since they are used for business.

So, windows comes with it's native RDP, remote desktop protocol. Meaning if you use an iPad app, which works with that protocol, no software has to be installed on windows.

So here are a few suggestions of apps, which work with windows native RDP protocol:
itap rdp
remote desktop - rdp
jump desktop

EgyptDude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see,
How about VMware vsphere client for iPad? does it also require software installation on the remote desktop?
A colleage of mine have Mac book, he installed VMware without having remote desktop installation in any other computer, just his apple laptop, so is it different with the iPad ?

Reaction score
EgyptDude said:
I see,
How about VMware vsphere client for iPad? does it also require software installation on the remote desktop?
A colleage of mine have Mac book, he installed VMware without having remote desktop installation in any other computer, just his apple laptop, so is it different with the iPad ?

There are two apps from VMware

-VMware View. It requires VMware running on the host computer
-VMware vsphere. It is used to remotely control virtual machines. Does your setup run Windows in VM's? If so, than this app may work for you. But if you want to connect to the Windows running directly on the host computer, than this app does not seem to be the correct one.

It may be possible to connect directly from VMware running on a Mac to a windows host computer, but to do the same from the iPad, you will need a different app. Any of the one's I previously mentioned will work.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
anne lim said:
I cannot switch on my IPAD at all , even though there is battery. WHat do I do

Hold down both power and home buttons together for 10 seconds. The iPad should reset provided it is charged...

linsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apple sync notifier not working

Whenever I turn on my pc, I get the message that apple sync notifier is not working. When I originally synced my ipad to itunes, the music did not install on the ipad (it is not in the ipod app). I want to re-sync to load the music. Also, I would like to back up my ipad in itunes. I am concerned to do so because of this message regarding the notifier. I have downloaded the latest version of itunes.

Reaction score
arar said:
saya baru di forum ini, thread ini sangat bagus untuk saya secara pribadi, saya harap anda semua dapat menjadikan kawan yang ikut di forum ini menjadi sebuah keluarga dan sayangnya ipad punya saya terlalu besar untuk di bawa kemana-mana dan kameranya unutk ukuran mps nya terlalu kecil, yang ingin saya tanyakan adalah apakah apple ada rencana untuk membuat lagi ipad yang sangat di butuhkan oleh semua orang dengan asumsi mendengarkan saran dari beberapa pemakai ipad?....

I know exactly what this means ;)
...or not.

From what google thinks, it's indonesian text and it's complaining about the iPad being too large, as well as the camera resolution being too small. Thus leading to the question, as to whether Apple plans another version. ... God, I am so smart :D

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I store webpages by touching that little icon on the top left, it seems I can only store nine pages. Does it store more than nine?

Most reactions

Latest posts