Forum for generation 7 iPad?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Ed1944, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I’d like to post a question about my new iPad (7th gen) and Brave browser problem, but don’t see a forum for 7th gen owners. Where should I ask question? Thanks.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to iPad Forums! You can ask your question in the iPad help forum.

3. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the reply, scifan57. I didn’t see a specific forum for 7gen, but noticed several sub forums, I guess you can call them. I also didn’t see a specific ‘iPad help’ forum as you mentioned. Maybe I’m having a senior moment (75 yrsold)

my apologies. I managed to find the location of the proper forum.

4. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I’m using Safari browser now and so far, so good. I like that it does offer to save login info/ passwords. I have a further question, though. My Brave browser had a dark mode available. Does Safari have dark mode available, and how do I access it. I use it often. Thanks again. Ed

5. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Hi Ed - in Settings > Display & Brightness > Appearance, the 'Light' or 'Dark' modes can be selected which affects the entire iPad display, although the apps may behave differently depending of their developer's code in using those modes. As to Safari, the differences are shown below from my iPad Pro viewing this forum; the changes are mainly at the top as seen - the tabs are controlled by their url sites. Not sure if that is your question, i.e. did you want the dark setting applied only to Safari? Safari has many options in its Settings listing but setting to dark mode only is not there, unless my eyes are deceiving me (I'm only a couple of years behind you!). Dave
    Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 4.14.48 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Ed1944

Ed1944
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks again for your kind assistance. I’m really enjoying my new iPad and hope to someday become as proficient with it as I am with Windows. I can see that my iPad Will be a good replacement for my Windows laptop when it goes belly up some day.