What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formerly a hardcore PC...

Jarhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my first PC back in '95 and have built one on average of every two years since. I always thought Mac users were weirdoes that had funny little goatees, drove Volkswagens, drank overpriced coffee and paid way to much for their computer.

I got my first 20gig iPod in '05 and really liked the product. I always said I'd get another when I could get more capacity from a solid state version. For Christmas of 2009 I got a 32gig iPod touch and really liked it until I discover e-books, being an avid reader this made the iPod instantly become my favorite device. I sold it and my Nokia smartphone and got a 32gig iPhone 4 last August. (I got my Wife a 32gig iPhone 4 for Christmas.) Man I love that thing. I soon found that I no longer used my laptop.

A couple of weeks ago I got this iPad 2! WOW!!! I love this thing! It does 95% of what I used a PC for* and so much more. When I get home my iPhone goes in the Bose sound dock and I pick up my iPad. When I open the book I'm reading in iBooks it's instantly where I left off reading on my phone!

My next purchase will likely be a MacBook but I'm so content for the time being. It's just there in the back of my mind. Oh, my favorite coffee is now a cafe mocha but you'll never catch this old Marine in a VW or the current equivalent, a Prius. Ok, possibly a Nissan Leaf one day but that's at least partly because I work for Nissan at the Canton, MS plant.

————

*A Windows 7 Ultimate Media Center/Server does the other 5% (of course it replaced a TiVo and is also where I store all of my photos, music and a small amount of video, over 500gigs all told in a raid 5 setup that's also backed up on BD in my gun safe.) and I stream my entire music collection to mine and my wife's iPhones and iPad using Audiogalaxy, an awesome FREE app!

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts