What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former android tab guy... Just got an iPad..need help!

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mrkool44 said:
3. Solution: basically none...except using Dropbox like alternatives.. But I can live without this feature I suppose.

4. Solution: Ok, no returns... I can live with this too

6. No solution: Cannot toggle wifi, gps settings easily. Must go into settings to disable/enable. :(
!)

3. Yes there are wifi transfer apps especially for photos and videos. Just search the app store.

4. See my post from a few days ago. Yes, you can get refunds.

6. You can setup shortcuts to your settings using "profiles" (see screenshot) Follow this tutorial found at Redmond Pie. http://www.redmondpie.com/new-iphone-settings-panel-shortcuts-for-home-screen

image-2733902611.jpg

Last edited:

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fid said:
Today I left the house with a 100% battery. About thirty minutes later I remembered to turn off the wifi. Nine hours later I checked the battery. It was still at 100%. I didn't use it and it was sleeping.
It has been ten and a half hours and it still is at 100%.
You should be good for quite a while with leaving the wifi on with the iPad in sleeping mode.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace
I am no Apple fanboy, but I can only gush how Apple has really worked some magic with IOS in conserving power when idle. The Android tablet I have seems to only use a little less power when asleep then when fully on. The iPad I got on Friday from factory at 82% power is after a day and a half of setting it up down to 15%.

OP
M

Mrkool44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
M

Mrkool44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: Ended up buying the iPad 3 last week !

So far, I love it... I've never been an apple fan and historically didn't like their " locked down" sw/hw

However, I must say, the user experience is superior on iOS vs android ... I may even convert to an iPhone next year ;)

As far as my Issues in OP:

I got avhdplayer and that solved he video transfer issue
Im getting used to iTunes, still not a big fan, but I can get by
Still haven't found out how to sync iPad to 2 pcs without erasing content on iPad from the other pc.

Overall, very happy to switch to iPad... It's just far superior than any tablet I've used...and I've used pretty much all of them!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congratulations Mr. Kool! How does it feel to be among the 3,000,000 new iPad owners? Your thread generated a lot of great information that even I-->long time forum member and iPad user found interesting and educational. I hope you continue to post questions or comments as you get better acquainted with your new iPad!

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mrkool44 said:
Update: Ended up buying the iPad 3 last week !

So far, I love it... I've never been an apple fan and historically didn't like their " locked down" sw/hw

However, I must say, the user experience is superior on iOS vs android ... I may even convert to an iPhone next year ;)

As far as my Issues in OP:

I got avhdplayer and that solved he video transfer issue
Im getting used to iTunes, still not a big fan, but I can get by
Still haven't found out how to sync iPad to 2 pcs without erasing content on iPad from the other pc.

Overall, very happy to switch to iPad... It's just far superior than any tablet I've used...and I've used pretty much all of them!

If you like to have a little more control of your devices than apple would like you to have I would recommend reading the jailbreak section. I hated the iphone4 when I first got it but I love the jail broken iphone4.

Yep also not a big fan of iTunes, but for the average person the stuff apple gives seems to work well.

Most reactions

Latest posts