What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forgotten restrictions passcode on ipad

lili93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've forgotten my restrictions passcode on ipad. I have 12 GB of photos on my ipad and cannot backup all. How can I restore my restrictions passcode without losing my photos. I haven't got any other apple devices. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the images are in the Camera Roll, or in an imported album (not something synced through iTunes or in Photo Stream), then you can copy the pictures off of the iPad by connecting it to a computer with the USB cable.

On a Windows machine it should mount as a USB drive. You pictures will be in the DCIM folder, probably in one or more subfolders.

On a Mac you can use iPhoto or the Image Capture apps to copy the pictures.

You can do this without unlocking the device, so the restriction code should make no difference.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the images are in the Camera Roll, or in an imported album (not something synced through iTunes or in Photo Stream), then you can copy the pictures off of the iPad by connecting it to a computer with the USB cable.................

On a Mac you can use iPhoto or the Image Capture apps to copy the pictures.

You can do this without unlocking the device, so the restriction code should make no difference.

Hi TP - thanks for the post (edited a little above for a Mac) - just gave that a try and opened iPhoto which imported my 'Camera Roll' from the attached iPad - good to know! And hope the OP has a similar result and that the images are indeed in the right location for an import? Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts