What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

forgot password

casel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I have IPad2, or I think it is and I have just updated to v9 and I gave it a password to start and then forgot it. (old age).
Is there anything I can do please so that I can use my IPad.
Len

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have IPad2, or I think it is and I have just updated to v9 and I gave it a password to start and then forgot it. (old age).
Is there anything I can do please so that I can use my IPad.
Len
If you mean the password to unlock the iPad from the lock screen, there's no way to bypass it. The only way to get a working iPad is to restore the iPad through iTunes on your computer and set it up as a new iPad, without using a backup which contains the password.

If you mean the iCloud ID and password needed to activate your iPad, there's no way to activate it without the iCloud ID and password associated with the iPad.

OP
C

casel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean the password to unlock the iPad from the lock screen, there's no way to bypass it. The only way to get a working iPad is to restore the iPad through iTunes on your computer and set it up as a new iPad, without using a backup which contains the password.

If you mean the iCloud ID and password needed to activate your iPad, there's no way to activate it without the iCloud ID and password associated with the iPad.
Thanks for the reply, what I have had to do is reinstall and therefore lose all my apps and such, but that's life.
thanks again.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, what I have had to do is reinstall and therefore lose all my apps and such, but that's life.
thanks again.
Your previously purchased apps are still available to re-download for free from your App Store purchase history.

Most reactions

Latest posts