What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forgot passcode !

ganeshganesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ... I forgot the 4 digit screen lock (i.e. passcode)number. I do not have access to the computer to use iTunes.
How do I access the iPad without the pass code?

Tnx in anticipation
Ganesh

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you cannot. Your only option is to restore that iPad as new. This will put it into a fresh out-of-the-box state. Since you don't have the computer with which you normally sync the iPad, I'm afraid this is all you can do.

Sorry, but that password protection is built very strongly by Apple and there is no way around it.

Marilyn

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you cannot. Your only option is to restore that iPad as new. This will put it into a fresh out-of-the-box state. Since you don't have the computer with which you normally sync the iPad, I'm afraid this is all you can do.

Sorry, but that password protection is built very strongly by Apple and there is no way around it.

Marilyn

Actually, hacking a iDevice is not as difficult as you may think Oxygen Forensic Suite 2012 - Oxygen Forensics for iPhoneiPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad, iPad 2, New iPad 3 and iPod Touch

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That program is intended mainly for law enforcement use and can cost up to $3,000.00, depending on which version is purchased.

Last edited:

BocataDeChoped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That kind of forensic tools aren't that uncommon, there are tons of companies specialized on data retrieving which use similar tools. Anyway, my point is that there are options.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the bottom of that web page is this sentence: "Password-protected devices will require password to perform data extraction."

Even this program needs the password to get in. On the average, brute force hacking is not successful to get into an iPad that has the passcode set. There may be programs, but the easiest - and cheapest - solution is to restore.

This is a very robust password...

Marilyn

OP
G

ganeshganesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your responses, though. Now, I have managed to get hold of a laptop from someone. Is it possible to do something by connecting to the Apple support site ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ganeshganesh said:
Thanks for your responses, though. Now, I have managed to get hold of a laptop from someone. Is it possible to do something by connecting to the Apple support site ?

Not unless that computer contains a backup of your iPad. Your password is so well encrypted that even Apple employees cannot retrieve it for you. You will still have to erase the iPad and restore to factory settings. Without a backup, you will have set it up as a new iPad and restore your content from your purchased lists in iTunes, the AppStore, etc. If you did not use iCloud to back up the data not stored in your purchased lists, such as photos, PDF files, etc., it will be lost as well, unless it was stored elsewhere.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts