What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forgot PassCode

Reaction score
Hello there peeps...I've just got my iPad passcode changed by my kids without them knowing it,I've seen a few post on how to unlock it(as my pc was stolen at the office)...my question now is should I DFM my iPad all my data and app will be deleted is there any way for me to save these files???

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. First, I moved your question out of the thread it was in because it was an entirely different issue than what was already being discussed. Rather than continue to "hijack" the thread (which is against forum rules), I've created a new thread for your question. Please use this thread only for any further discussion on this issue. Thanks for your understanding.

Unfortunately, if the passcode has been forgotten, your only option is to restore it using iTunes. And yes, you will lose all the data on it unless you restore it using the iTunes that you normally sync this iPad to. If you use your iTunes, after the restore you can put your most recent backup onto the iPad. Depending on the age of the backup, you might get most of your information back.

Sorry, but Apple has made an excellent program in the pass code protection. There is no other way around it.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts