What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

forgot my password. help?

franklin.j.naval

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello everyone! im new to this forum and i just have a simple question thats prob been answered before... i forgot my password and never synced, purchased or downloaded anything from itunes before. how do i reset my password?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way is to restore through iTunes.

Plug the iPad into your PC/Mac and select it in the left pane of iTunes. On the main screen look for the blurb which says something along the lines of "if you are having problems restore it here" and click the button. Your iPad will be restored to factory settings, and you can start again from scratch.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or, do you mean that you forgot your Apple ID password?

If you have forgotten your Apple ID password, you'll have to go through the Apple web site. Start at this link to begin the process of getting a new password: http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/password/

I believe you can also do this through iTunes.

Hopefully, we have helped. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
F

franklin.j.naval

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont believe its the apple id password. its the 4 digit pin to unlock the ipad from the get go... you see ive only used the ipad2 for facebook and neflix so far. its still new to me and i am the LEGAL original owner that forgot the pin. so for the first guy, ur saying that itunes could still unlock my ipad2 without ever using itunes before? im ok with factory reset to start from scratch cuz i dont have any sensitive info on the ipad yet.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
franklin.j.naval said:
i dont believe its the apple id password. its the 4 digit pin to unlock the ipad from the get go... you see ive only used the ipad2 for facebook and neflix so far. its still new to me and i am the LEGAL original owner that forgot the pin. so for the first guy, ur saying that itunes could still unlock my ipad2 without ever using itunes before? im ok with factory reset to start from scratch cuz i dont have any sensitive info on the ipad yet.

Yes, you'll have to connect your iPad to iTunes on your computer and set it to erase all content and settings on your iPad.this will leave the iPad in factory original condition. If the last backup you made was after you password protected your iPad, you'll have to set it up as a new iPad and manually select the apps, music, etc. to be added to the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts