Forcing Safari to refresh?

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by Padcatt, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Padcatt

Padcatt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    As I work on web pages, I need to see the results of my work. Often, Safari will correctly show the results when I refresh the page, an alarmingly high percentage of the time it does not. I know this because I can also view my page on a Mac, which shows changes iPad Safari can't or won't.

Is there a remedy to this? Is there a way I can dump the iOS Safari cache and help it to faithfully display the page after I've uploaded changes to the server?

Thank you!

2. JezzerP

JezzerP
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok, if you go to Settings > Safari and scroll down towards the bottom, there is a ‘Clear History and Website Data’ option which will flush everything from the cache. That said, the ‘Refresh’ arrow in the right-hand side of the address bar in Safari ‘should’ reload the page and display any changes. I would install another browser (Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge) and see if they are behaving in the same way. I am a web designer myself, and make sure I test my pages on all of the popular desktop and mobile browsers....its often funny what quirks you pick up on!!

3. Jignesh Padhiyar

Jignesh Padhiyar
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Private tab will do the trick. Everytime going to Settings and clearing cache isn't really an ideal way. Just my two cents.