What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Those Who Have OS 4.2... (anybody?)

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
first off, i like to thank Miketoolz for getting me OS 4.2, i just installed today..

so far so good, everything smooth, the only thing i discovered so far is that i can multitask with colloquey , chat stays on even after i close app, its great! no more having to use a bouncer! i never even figured out how to us a bouncer to keep on app after closing, but who cares now, i friggen got 4.2!

anyways, for those who have 4.2 what improvements have you discovered?

anybody thrilled?

anybody disappointed?

anybody wish for sometin more?

anybody have a crash yet?

anybody?

anybody?

any....

body...?

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
like i said i got it from miketoolz, so i got free...

but just curious, does anybody know if they will charge for it when it officially releases?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope this one will be free. Subsequent ones may be chargeable but I doubt it would be much, especially if iworks apps are only $9.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wifi is more stable and i have found faster loading web pages.
Battery life seems to be the same
Folders are great
Multitasking excellent just like iPhone
Printing not implemented fully yet
Email better than before
Search function great safari

"early edition"crashes and does not work only one I have found so far.
most apps that can support printing will needed to be upgraded
Cannot test air function as only have standard apple tv which I do not believe will be supported but to early to know.
Over all every thing is great. No crashes except a couple of apps that will not work.

Cheers col

Last edited:

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is different about the email?

Can you list new mail together? Can you show messages marked for followup together?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a summary of what to expect in the new mail I have not tested every thing due to time issues.
Unified Email
One of the most notable additions to iOS 4 was its unified inbox feature, which allowed users to set up multiple email accounts and have them all located in one inbox – mixing business and pleasure has always, for some reason, been greatly lauded by the technology-minded.And in iOS 4.2 this feature will be transported to the iPad, so now Apple tablet users will be able to do the same.

Other cool features, such as the ability to organise messages into threads and open attachments in third-party apps, are also present in iOS 4.2 for the iPad, which should really add a new paradigm to the email service on Apple’s tablet device.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wifi is more stable and i have found faster loading web pages.
Battery life seems to be the same
Folders are great
Multitasking excellent just like iPhone
Printing not implemented fully yet
Email better than before
Search function great safari

"early edition"crashes and does not work only one I have found so far.
most apps that can support printing will needed to be upgraded
Cannot test air function as only have standard apple tv which I do not believe will be supported but to early to know.
Over all every thing is great. No crashes except a couple of apps that will not work.

Cheers col
All that!

I had some stability issues when using 3G the first day...not stability of 3G though....just crashing of system. However all day today has been awesome...love the folders option the most.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heres something, try to use the forum tools menu...box wont drop down so I can't mark read etc

Most reactions

Latest posts