What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those that think the iPad is just a toy...

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad also can be business.
I have been installing them since day 1 as an interface to Automation and Control Systems for Business and Residences.

In just the short time they have out many of my manufacturers are announcing that they will not be selling conventional touchscreen interface devices anymore.

The iPad alone has already changed the way my business works.

Holgaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"The benefit to working on the presentations and book is the "instant on" nature of the iPad. Before when I used to have ideas, I would have to get the laptop, wait for it to boot up and then work. Now, just turn it on and I'm ready to go".

The "instant on" is really just bringing the iPad out of sleep mode, much like closing a laptop while it's running and then opening it again later. To actually turn off the iPad you have to hold the power button for several seconds and then use the slider that appears at the top of the screen.

That said, I do believe the iPad can be a valuable work asset, it is for me, you just have to think outside the desktop box. The toy factor is a nice plus, though.

Most reactions