What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those that got the new iPad - what device did you upgrade from?

What Tablet did you upgrade to new iPad from?

• Total voters

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 3 is my sixth tablet, an by far the most intuitive and interactive for games, although for work purposes the Blackberry tablet is much better and supportive.

stanw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I started with iPhone years ago got the next one and so on bought the first iPad then the next and then bought my son iPad 2 now ia have got iPad 4g 32 gig
Great love you apple

stanw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In England what use is 4g can someone explain when I am out and about I don't seem to get a very fast connection I am with orange..

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stanw said:
In England what use is 4g can someone explain when I am out and about I don't seem to get a very fast connection I am with orange..

We don't have a 4G network yet and even when we do get one it may not be compatible so currently you should be getting a 3G connection.

The Archangel

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
We don't have a 4G network yet and even when we do get one it may not be compatible so currently you should be getting a 3G connection.

The Archangel

The 4G connection in the UK will provide you with the most stable and supportive 3G connection, it's not just the standard 3G connection that the iPhone uses.

The iDevice Guru

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
axis said:

No we don't have 4G YET, although with the new iPad a feature is 4G as apple products are designed in California, when using 4G in the UK or other countries without the 4G connection, the iPad will receive the most powerful 3G connection available, you can test this if you have and iPad with 4G and an iPhone, choose a random spot and load up a website, 9 times out of 10 the iPad will be quickest.

The iDevice Guru

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDeviceGuru said:
No we don't have 4G YET, although with the new iPad a feature is 4G as apple products are designed in California, when using 4G in the UK or other countries without the 4G connection, the iPad will receive the most powerful 3G connection available, you can test this if you have and iPad with 4G and an iPhone, choose a random spot and load up a website, 9 times out of 10 the iPad will be quickest.

The iDevice Guru

In the UK, if you have, say, an O2 sim then when it can't find a 4G connection (which it won't) surely it will revert to the 3G O2 service, it can't join another another service?

The Archangel

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am upgrading from a ipad 3rd generation 64 gb to a 128 gb ipad air.
Lucky you!!! I wouldn't mind having a 128GB. I can't justify having 3 iPads. I was freaking out last year when I bought the second one this time LOL. Enjoy!!! Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lucky you!!! I wouldn't mind having a 128GB. I can't justify having 3 iPads. I was freaking out last year when I bought the second one last year this time LOL. Enjoy!!! Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

I can't justify 3 iPads either yet here I sit. I tried the trade in approaches, but I finally decided the devices were worth more to me than what they were offering. I might try Craig's list or eBay as both of my devices are is good shape. Or, I will build a security system using my old idevices!

Most reactions

Latest posts