What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those that got the new iPad - what device did you upgrade from?

What Tablet did you upgrade to new iPad from?

• Total voters

jenntill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't upgrade...just ADDED this to our family. It's MINE though. Everyone else gets stuck with the PC. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

chuckmen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded from the original iPad. I normally stay one generation behind to make sure the bugs. Are worked out.

snowzone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded from the iPad 1. I figured the third iteration would have the retina display.

rockman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Initially i upgraded from iPad 64GB to IPad 2 32GB then to the new iPad 32GB. 32GB size is for me right now is a minimum since i mostly use it as a consumption device.

rockman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rockman said:
Initially i upgraded from iPad 64GB to IPad 2 32GB then to the new iPad 32GB. 32GB size is for me right now is a minimum since i mostly use it as a consumption device.

These are all wifi version since i got a portable router and a router at home to connect my devices.

Noodles118

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got IPad 2 (3g/64/WiFi) December 2011. Sold it a
few months later to get the NEW IPad (4G/64/WiFi).
Crazy, I admit, but have NO REGRETS!!

Last edited:
OP
Z

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far on this forum poll we are seeing about half upgraded from previous iPads and half are new to the iPad like myself. I find that quite interesting. The vote of confidence from previous owners is quite extraordinary among technology purchases.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
zphone said:
So far on this forum poll we are seeing about half upgraded from previous iPads and half are new to the iPad like myself. I find that quite interesting. The vote of confidence from previous owners is quite extraordinary among technology purchases.

Particularly when you look at the time span involved between models.

Very interesting Poll zphone!

OP
Z

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anna84 said:
This will be my first tablet! So excited!

Cool. Is it your first apple product also? Interesting stats apple released that 25% of iPad purchases are going to people that don't own any other apple product.

Anna84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool. Is it your first apple product also? Interesting stats apple released that 25% of iPad purchases are going to people that don't own any other apple product.

Its not my first Apple product. I have an iPhone and an iPod. I love the iOS so I know I'll love the iPad :)

OP
Z

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anna84 said:
Its not my first Apple product. I have an iPhone and an iPod. I love the iOS so I know I'll love the iPad :)

It is very nice. Since you know what you are getting into with iOS I am sure you will like it also.

Most reactions

Latest posts