What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those that got the new iPad - what device did you upgrade from?

What Tablet did you upgrade to new iPad from?

• Total voters

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to see from the owners of the new iPad 3, how many of you upgraded from a previous apple tablet or some other, or this is their first?

For those that cannot read that crazy yellow in the 4th option in the app, the options are as follows
New iPad 3 is my first tablet
I upgraded from iPad1
I upgraded from iPad2
I upgraded from another tablet such as Android.

BTW: Anyone know how to change the colors of the poll options?

Last edited:
OP
Z

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first.
Please if you don't mind - clicking on the voting buttons - I've made them open to multiple choices - in case you owned one or many of other tablets? I was curious today percentage wise how many of the 3 million sold are upgrades or to new tablet users?

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the apps to read this site; I don't see the poll options. I'll click the next time I'm on my computer.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I could read the option in glowing yellow I would consider it. I voted upgrade from iPad1 and presume last option upgrade from other tablet manufacturer.....

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I voted, I upgraded from the first generation iPad (iPad 1). Didn't get the iPhone 4s, didn't get the iPad 2... So I could not take it any longer... Had to go get this New IPad! Love it so far...

Chiky

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I voted. Actually, I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab before this, so I guess the new ipad isn't my first tablet.

jimmy23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first tablet!

Sent from my iPad 32gb (3rd generation) using iPF

OP
Z

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would expect a lot less iPad 2 owners to have upgraded, and many more newbs - but I guess for those who truly are on their first tablet are probably too overwhelmed to find this forum and vote.
The information is interesting so far, even without that many votes - indicates that the iPad 3 is attracting more people that are familiar with tablets.

guthrien

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded from 2. This is an extremely nice bump. I think tablet people understand how important a good screen is, that's the primary interaction going on. Otherwise it's just a better iPad 2 which was already far and away the best thing going.

nade1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
Just wanted to see from the owners of the new iPad 3, how many of you upgraded from a previous apple tablet or some other, or this is their first?

From iPad 2

Tom811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded from an iPad 2 for the screen and to tryout verizion's LTE

rajagopalanator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep--newbie here, though it was a gift. Then again, the battery, screen, and overall speed of this made this the first one that I thought would justify the huge pricetag!

Most reactions

Latest posts