What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the older users out there....

Lukey M Pukey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am 13 years old. I use my iPad for gaming and the Internet. Now, bare with me, most grown ups, usually don't play as much video games as us teenagers. So, this being said, grown ups, what do you use you iPad for?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use it for every thing including online news sites, reading comics,internet browsing,banking,reading books, business quotes, watching movies, listening to music and pod casts not to mention playing lots of games.......I am 66

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I install iPads in the wall to take the place of switches in your house.
From the iPad you can control all of the electronics in the house.
Audio,Video,Security,HVAC,Internet,Cameras,Lighting,Pool and Spa Control.

I also use mine to do everything everyone else does.

I am not as old as the last old guy:),but not too far from it either!

Ed

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am 65 and use it to read books, surf, check forums, check emails, Facebook, create pretty emails for my granddaughter, listen to music, watch films, read the news, draw, play games...I have probably forgotten something but then....I AM old!!

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine (jailbroken) to spy on what video games my kids are playing :)

when not doing that I read news, play games (yikes an old person playing games), participate in LOTS of forums,view my ip cameras at the house (when I'm gone),banking and other stuff.

I'm very old I had pet dinosaur when I was young.

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At 36, I'm not as old as some other folks on the forum but older than others :D

I use mine for surfing the web, Twitter, Facebook, reading news, magazines and eBooks, listening to music & watching videos, email, playing games (Plants vs Zombies and Words with Friends are my faves), and keeping track of todos, calendar & contacts (the latter two via MobileMe).

I think you're a pretty lucky 13 year old to have your own iPad. Good for you!

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine for news & books. And I have used the phrase "Back when I was growing up!"

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine (jailbroken) to spy on what video games my kids are playing :)

when not doing that I read news, play games (yikes an old person playing games), participate in LOTS of forums,view my ip cameras at the house (when I'm gone),banking and other stuff.

I'm very old I had pet dinosaur when I was young.

You too?

I still have a few Paddosaurus Malus that I raised from eggs. Unfortunately they're responsible for the shambles the house is in, gadgets strewn everywhere...

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use mine for basic internet surfing along with checking of email and sending a few emails as there need.. along with a few diff games on the ipad and music and library program that what i use my ipad for .. ..

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
47, use for games first, then web/forum browsing, then reading and whatever wastes my time or is convenient.

My friends are in 60s and both use them mostly for games, email, news and forums

OP
L

Lukey M Pukey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At 36, I'm not as old as some other folks on the forum but older than others :D

I use mine for surfing the web, Twitter, Facebook, reading news, magazines and eBooks, listening to music & watching videos, email, playing games (Plants vs Zombies and Words with Friends are my faves), and keeping track of todos, calendar & contacts (the latter two via MobileMe).

I think you're a pretty lucky 13 year old to have your own iPad. Good for you!

Thanks, but actually, I got it for free.

Raeb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am 79 and have been using Macs since the SE20 a long time ago. I find I use the iPad for just about everything except editing photographs. I am a retired photographer and still use my MacBook for photos and syncing. The iPad has eliminated my need for newspapers and most magazines. The iBook app is promising and the ability to access most media is pretty exciting. When 13 year olds reach college I believe all, or most, textbooks will be on the iPad like tablets. Cheers!

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am 13 years old. I use my iPad for gaming and the Internet. Now, bare with me, most grown ups, usually don't play as much video games as us teenagers. So, this being said, grown ups, what do you use you iPad for?

Thanks a lot!!!!! :p. I was just starting to feel like a teenager with all these neet iPad games and now being a 'grown up' I feel like an old fart.... BUT regardless,, I'll still take you on with Shift any day of the week and pounch ya:p:D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts