For a student: Ipad 4 or Note 10.1.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by daniel_2014, Oct 27, 2013.

1. chinajon

chinajon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I am an Apple "Fan Boy" so you know what I like. But there are good reasons why I recommend the iPad. Both of the pads you are looking at are well made and have a lot of capability. But in the actual world of pad use, people actually use their iPads more than other pads. It is a bit like comparing a Ferrari and an SUV. The farrari is faster and even more beauriful, and guys like to day dream about driving around in it. But in the real world, the SUV would be used much more. You really have to learn how to drive a Ferrari. The SUV is easier by far, and can do a lot more than the Ferrari. The iPad is a wonderful tablet that is easy to learn to use and has far more capabilities than any of the other tablets you might look at. Just looking at tablets can be confussing. They all look alike. (like iPad I suppose) But they can't match the iOS operating system. They can't match the A7 chip.
    Get the iPad.

2. Hobby welder

Hobby welder
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    As a student myself I say:
    Well, id go with the iPad. I've used other devices and just don't care much for them in terms of compatibility and options, (Compatibility as is with websites or certain functions, options as in apps, capabilities), they lag some.

I've had my iPad 2 for 2 1\2 years as well, I've gotten metal dust on it, dropped it from 4ft up onto concrete, only left a dent and lifted the screen in that corner, no effect to any components.

You also have to look at productivity apps, such as pages, numbers, and keynote for starters. I've added thing like penultimate, the elements, etc etc for other class work.

Pages will convert to 4 file types with no problem. I'd wait and go with the iPad Air.

It will last for a long time given you take good care of it. I'm upgrading for a few new features and little more speed, better wifi connection etc etc, generic update time for me. I could probably get another 2-4 years out of mine if I really wanted to.

3. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I understand that durability is a concern and iPads are made very well. But, as long as the tablet is cared for properly then I don't think it should be a big issue. I guess for school I'd be concerned with being able to share files and move files around easily and the Samsung will be better for that due to having some connectivity ports that the iPad lacks. Just something to think about. Although I'm not sure about this, printing might be a tad easier from the Galaxy too.

4. daniel_2014

daniel_2014
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ok. After these answers and because the Ipad 4 is very expensive in my country, my choice is the Galaxy note 10.1.

Thank you very much for your answers. Were very illustrative. :D

5. chinajon

chinajon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi Daniel
    I hope you update us about the success you have with your new pad. Thanks.