What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footers on Posts

Marine 47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you put a "footer" on the posts? I see where people in the Forum list their Apple products and I would like to do the same.
;)

Reaction score
If you are enjoy convenience, like me, just tap on any bold black thread title from within the iPF app and it will open the ipadforums.net website with your account already logged in. Then simply follow twerppoet's advice on how to add a sig.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Keep forgetting you can do that, though I have.

If you go into the Edit Options, all the way to the bottom, and change the default editor from WYSWYG to the Standard Editor, you can even edit and reply to posts that way.

Not sure why you would want to, but it also makes it possible to use third party browsers, including the one built into Reeder, and that does come in handy. At least for me.

gavinrains

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Keep forgetting you can do that, though I have.

If you go into the Edit Options, all the way to the bottom, and change the default editor from WYSWYG to the Standard Editor, you can even edit and reply to posts that way.

Not sure why you would want to, but it also makes it possible to use third party browsers, including the one built into Reeder, and that does come in handy. At least for me.

Hi there im new to this site, how do start a new post ? ? Regards gavin

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In the iPF app, go to the forums page using the icon at the bottom, navigate to the forum you want to add a post in (so that you are seeing the list of threads), tap the box&arrow icon at the top right and choose New Thread.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Hi there im new to this site, how do start a new post ? ? Regards gavin
Welcome to the forum Gavin! There are a lot of great people here and a lots of valuable information about the iPad (and more). Please take a moment to read the Forum Rules (linked below my signature) and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

With respect to starting new posts, we strongly recommend using the search feature (located at the top of every page) first. Odds are there's a discussion about what you're looking for already. However if not, feel free to create a new topic and I'm sure you'll get the help you're looking for.

Welcome again and enjoy!

twonks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am with you it ain't easy posting a new topic

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

pije

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twonks said:
I am with you it ain't easy posting a new topic

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Just today read the thread.
How you start a new topic? Help !!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To start a new thread navigate to the appropriate forum then you will see a purple button marked "new thread", press the button and start your new thread. In the IPF app, navigate as above then touch the White box with an arrow coming out of it in the top right hand corner of the screen.

The Archangel

Most reactions