Food anyone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hayles66, May 2, 2011.

1. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Even bigger than that; but the best meat comes from the 40 to 80 pounders (about half that size). Looking at giradman's photo, I'd say the halibut those came from were in the 40 pound range. The cheeks have a texture similar to crab; combined with the non-fishy taste of halibut they are very good.

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi TP - cannot say how big the halibuts were who gave up their cheek muscles to us, but a treat and I completely agree about the texture resembling crab/lobster meat - an enjoyable combination - looking forward to our next preparation! Not available locally in my area so shipping frozen from Alaska is a little costly but worth an occasional meal - Dave :)

3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    BOY - no one eating these days - ;) Last post by me nearly a half year ago! :)

Today, Jan 21 is Susan's Birthday - we just returned from a 2-night stay at the Washington Duke Inn in Durham, NC (described in my travelogue of the area, if interested) - but tonight we had a 'snack dinner' in the den - first pic below - smoked salmon & trout (w/ dill sauce & cream cheese), English cheddar cheese w/ crackers, and a crab dip - our drink was a Mumm Napa sparkling wine - Susan likes a little orange juice (i.e. like a Mimosa) - pic below - as eating we streamed a few episodes of the Anthony Bourdain 'Parts Unknown' series (up to seasons 7/8) - lovely evening for some 'senior citizens' - Dave :)
    P1010536.JPG 506454.jpg

4. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Remember to tell Susan that she's not getting older, she's getting better.

5. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Last night we watch two episodes of Anthony Bourdain's series Parts Unknown, i.e. the last episode in Season 7 and first in Season 8 - the latter was a trip to Vietnam, mainly Hanoi - a surprise guest was President Obama (take a look HERE, if interested) - Susan & I are going to miss the guy! :) Dave
    obama-bourdain-hanoi.png

6. Thomas1977

Thomas1977
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    image.jpeg

This is really good its my late grandma's recipie its chocolate steamed pudding this picture is only the cake part though it gets like a white sauce over it.

7. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    That chocolate pudding looks amazing. My favourite meal apart from lamb curry is Lamb Shank with any alcoholic drink or mint added with potatoes and vegetables. I've recently started to eat sweet potato and love them too!