What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wonders of food science:

Scientists Revolutionize Pina Colada Production With Coconut-Flavored Pineapples

Now all they have to do is breed this pineapple with a straw and an umbrella sticking out of it.

Yum--I'd tried one of those, Kaykaykay !

Sounds good to me, too!

I'm gobbling up a bag of ginger-lemon gummy candies now. They're not bad, so I'll manage to dispatch the second bag at some point, lol, but I don't see buying them in future. I prefer the zing of ginger alone. These ginger-lemon ones remind me of a Sidecar:

Sidecar (cocktail) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, too!

I'm gobbling up a bag of ginger-lemon gummy candies now. They're not bad, so I'll manage to dispatch the second bag at some point, lol, but I don't see buying them in future. I prefer the zing of ginger alone. These ginger-lemon ones remind me of a Sidecar:

Sidecar (cocktail) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funny, when I was young I hate ginger in foods let alone eating it alone. Now, I like to throw a slice in green tea. My dad likes to eat the ginger candies, but I haven't yet had a chance to try those.

I have had the sidecar cocktails...and remember it being very strong!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny, when I was young I hate ginger in foods let alone eating it alone. Now, I like to throw a slice in green tea. My dad likes to eat the ginger candies, but I haven't yet had a chance to try those.

I have had the sidecar cocktails...and remember it being very strong!

I've had Sidecars only a couple of times and found them too sweet or too tart, but maybe that was just a bad bartender at work?

Love ginger. I like slices of it in tea, too -- in chai. I like a lot of ginger, to feel the burn, lol.

I also love ginger candy, the authentic kind from Indonesia, sold at Asian stores. The prob with those is having to unwrap each sticky piece and being dusted by the powdery coating that's supposed to keep the paper from sticking. I have to eat them when I'm alone and have time to be a sticky, powdery mess.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had Sidecars only a couple of times and found them too sweet or too tart, but maybe that was just a bad bartender at work?

Love ginger. I like slices of it in tea, too -- in chai. I like a lot of ginger, to feel the burn, lol.

I also love ginger candy, the authentic kind from Indonesia, sold at Asian stores. The prob with those is having to unwrap each sticky piece and being dusted by the powdery coating that's supposed to keep the paper from sticking. I have to eat them when I'm alone and have time to be a sticky, powdery mess.

Now I am curious to try some of the ginger candies. I see them at the store, they look like crystal cubes. My dad has had the hard and chewy candies, he loves it. I think Altoids has a brand that you can get at some stores.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Talking about powdered candy, I love Turkish delight. The powdered variety as well as the chocolate covered variety.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I am curious to try some of the ginger candies. I see them at the store, they look like crystal cubes. My dad has had the hard and chewy candies, he loves it. I think Altoids has a brand that you can get at some stores.

The crystal cubed ones you mention sound like crystallized ginger, like in the nuts and dried fruits section of many markets. I like those too, but they are generally considerably sweeter than the Indonesian kind. I like the Indonesian ones best, because they taste the most like ginger, and have the most zing and chewiness.

I like the crystallized ginger dunked in bittersweet chocolate when I fondue, but can eat only a couple because it's so sweet.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Talking about powdered candy, I love Turkish delight. The powdered variety as well as the chocolate covered variety.

I like Turkish delight, but haven't had it much. I think it's more popular in the UK than in the U.S.

The flavor preferences for UK treats differ some, too. I love currant-flavored candy, and that's much harder to come by in the U.S.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Home made pizza from last night. Whole wheat pizza dough from the supermarket rolls out to a full sized 20 inch pizza platter. Mushrooms, onions, red peppers, loads of mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Less than a ⅓ price of store bought and a bit healthier too.

image-4042030470.jpg

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Home made pizza from last night. Whole wheat pizza dough from the supermarket rolls out to a full sized 20 inch pizza platter. Mushrooms, onions, red peppers, loads of mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Less than a ⅓ price of store bought and a bit healthier too.

View attachment 31167

Mmm.. I see you save a lot for me. Where do you live again? Lol.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pizza sounds good.

Just had lemon-cranberry pancakes. My husband tried a new recipe and the batter was runnier than he expected. He ate the ugly ones. They tasted pretty good, though.

Most reactions

Latest posts