What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going on a bread making course. ....

One day at £75.00. I'm humming and Harring. Of course, it would make a nice Xmas prezzie :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:

One day at £75.00. I'm humming and Harrington. Of course, it would ale a nice Xmas prezzie :)

Put the money toward a good bread making machine Richard. My wife has worn out four, and as long as you follow the recipes they really work well. I do recall, however, a couple of the first loaves were tossed into the garden for the birds. In the spring when the snow melted they were still there. I eventually broke them up with a pickaxe.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Richard Brown said:

One day at £75.00. I'm humming and Harrington. Of course, it would ale a nice Xmas prezzie :)

A worthy investment Richard. Baking is one of the many skills we're losing to mechanization and industrialized food production.

Of all my memories of my Grams, the one that sticks with me and makes me smile to this day, is of her baking.
She would make bread and rolls twice a week. Because she was so short, she'd stand on a chair at the kitchen counter, to get the leverage she needed to properly knead the dough. Tiny she was but she had upper arms like Popeye. :)

AA

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:

One day at £75.00. I'm humming and Harring. Of course, it would make a nice Xmas prezzie :)

After I saw your post it reminded me I had some buttermilk leftover from Thanksgiving to use up. I found a recipe for Oatmeal Buttermilk Bread. I have it in the oven right now baking and I'll post some pictures of the whole process when it's done.
Richard an excellent site to learn how to bake bread is The Fresh Loaf. It has tons of information on getting started and some excellent recipes including my first loaf and moving you up the ladder to working with bread and yeast doughs. They also have excellent advice for making sourdough and other artisan breads. I started baking when I was a young kid because my dad liked baking bread and pizza making. I almost became a pastry chef but an apprenticeship came up and I became a restaurant chef,but baking has always been my passion.

☮♥

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:

Richard, as you are talking about bread making have you come across Judges bread, it's fantastic, the best bread I've ever tasted! Their shop is due south of you, down the M25 and A21 but they supply other shops too.

http://judgesbakery.com/home.php

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Richard, as you are talking about bread making have you come across Judges bread, it's fantastic, the best bread I've ever tasted! Their shop is due south of you, down the M25 and A21 but they supply other shops too.

It's time to rediscover real bread - organic and fresh-baked

The Archangel

Ooh yum...that bread looks delicious. Would goe very well about now with my hot and spicy chicken chili with northern white beans!! :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Ooh yum...that bread looks delicious. Would goe very well about now with my hot and spicy chicken chili with northern white beans!! :)

And that chicken chilli would go down well here.

I'm truly amazed at how these guys can make something as simple as a loaf of bread soooo tasty, there is a little deli that sells it nearby and if I'm in there I pick up a loaf.....or two!

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And that chicken chilli would go down well here.

I'm truly amazed at how these guys can make something as simple as a loaf of bread soooo tasty, there is a little deli that sells it nearby and if I'm in there I pick up a loaf.....or two!

The Archangel

We have a bakery within our international market which makes this bread with sundries tomatoes within. Oh, it's so deliscious...you feel like you are eating pizza! :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another favorite bread they make is a cinnamon swirl with a frosted top. Oh that is so good with a little bit of butter. Great in the morning! :)

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here are the pictures from start to finish of my Buttermilk Bread.

Attachments

• image-845596691.jpg
    image-845596691.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image-443531031.jpg
    image-443531031.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image-1899696336.jpg
    image-1899696336.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3745211970.jpg
    image-3745211970.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1092325551.jpg
    image-1092325551.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Another favorite bread they make is a cinnamon swirl with a frosted top. Oh that is so good with a little bit of butter. Great in the morning! :)

Cinnamon swirls.......my favourite!!!

The Archangel

Most reactions