What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folders in email

Jazzypf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I add more folders in my email. I have 4 now- inbox, drafts, sent and trash. I want to add more and can't seem to find out how. My email seems to delete after awhile and some emails I need to save indefinitely. Thanks

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Iw do I add more folders in my email. I have 4 now- inbox, drafts, sent and trash. I want to add more and can't seem to find out how. My email seems to delete after awhile and some emails I need to save indefinitely. Thanks
If your iPad is on iOS 5 or 5.0.1 to add folders to an email account...
  • Open Mail
  • Under "Accounts", tap the email account that you want to configure
  • Tap the "Edit" button at the top of the sidebar
  • Tap the "New Mailbox" button at the bottom of the sidebar
Hope that helps!

OP
J

Jazzypf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
If your iPad is on iOS 5 or 5.0.1 to add folders to an email account...

[*]Open Mail
[*]Under "Accounts", tap the email account that you want to configure
[*]Tap the "Edit" button at the top of the sidebar
[*]Tap the "New Mailbox" button at the bottom of the sidebar
Hope that helps!

So in settings go to mail and then under accounts I choose my email account but on the next screen on the top of the sidebar it says cancel or done. It does not let me edit.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your mail a POP account? Cause you can't make folders with POP accounts, only with IMAP. For example, my home ISP is Roadrunner, who, for reasons known only to them, continue with POP e-mail accounts. So, no folders for me there. However, I also use Gmail, which is an IMAP account. With Gmail, I can create folders by following Rich's advice.

Marilyn

OP
J

Jazzypf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Is your mail a POP account? Cause you can't make folders with POP accounts, only with IMAP. For example, my home ISP is Roadrunner, who, for reasons known only to them, continue with POP e-mail accounts. So, no folders for me there. However, I also use Gmail, which is an IMAP account. With Gmail, I can create folders by following Rich's advice.

Marilyn

Yes it is a POP acct-Verizon. So no folders for me either I guess. Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts