What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folderenhancer - limited icons per folder page

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In IOS 5 and 6, Folder enhancer worked with iconoclasm and managed to display 6x6 icons in main pages as well as folder pages. However in Folder enhancer for ios7, i don't seem to be able to do that any longer. It seems that FE does not (yet?) work with Homescreen Designer (Iconoclasms successor) it also appears that the best that can be done is to display 5x5 via folder enhancer's options. Does anyone have similar experiences and know whether its possible to work the two together? I have many icons within folders and hope to see as many of them per page as possible. Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In IOS 5 and 6, Folder enhancer worked with iconoclasm and managed to display 6x6 icons in main pages as well as folder pages. However in Folder enhancer for ios7, i don't seem to be able to do that any longer. It seems that FE does not (yet?) work with Homescreen Designer (Iconoclasms successor) it also appears that the best that can be done is to display 5x5 via folder enhancer's options. Does anyone have similar experiences and know whether its possible to work the two together? I have many icons within folders and hope to see as many of them per page as possible. Thanks!

In the Settings app, FolderEnhancer has a way to either override another tweaks folder layout or to suppress the way FolderEnhancer lays out folders. Here's what I mean:

ugaru6ys.jpg

Maybe, after playing with these settings/preferences, you can get the effect you want?

Marilyn

OP
K

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn as always.

I've tried the instructions but it still seems weird. a 6x6 ipad layout worked fine in IOS5.1.1. However, with FolderEnhancer for IOS7, the 6x6 gets squashed into the 3x3 sized square and is unusable. The 6x6 displays fine on the homescreens. I'm not sure if this is due to iPad3's data going to an iPad Mini 2 but I thought with both screen resolutions being the same it should have worked fine. I suspect the problem is with FolderEnhancer.

Have you gotten any custom layouts in Iconoclasm working in FolderEnhancer?

OP
K

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And I just noticed that folders in folders don't seem to work anymore :(

Thanks Marilyn as always.

I've tried the instructions but it still seems weird. a 6x6 ipad layout worked fine in IOS5.1.1. However, with FolderEnhancer for IOS7, the 6x6 gets squashed into the 3x3 sized square and is unusable. The 6x6 displays fine on the homescreens. I'm not sure if this is due to iPad3's data going to an iPad Mini 2 but I thought with both screen resolutions being the same it should have worked fine. I suspect the problem is with FolderEnhancer.

Have you gotten any custom layouts in Iconoclasm working in FolderEnhancer?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And I just noticed that folders in folders don't seem to work anymore :(

That has to specifically enabled in FolderEnhancer (in the Settings app). If you don't have the switch on, it won't work at all. But - with the switch on, I had no problem making a folder within a folder.

I don't use Iconoclasm, so I'll be no help there. However, my iPad does display a four icon layout on the springboard (I have not changed from the stock within the folder - that's still in the 3 by 3 configuration).

Marilyn

OP
K

Kerean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Marilyn,

Thanks so much as always! I knew I could depend on you :) I didn't realise there was now a switch for nested folders, I think they weren't there before IOS7. I've enabled it and it now works!

I now hope to have someone using Folder Enhancer with Iconoclasm or Homescreen Designer to chime in!

That has to specifically enabled in FolderEnhancer (in the Settings app). If you don't have the switch on, it won't work at all. But - with the switch on, I had no problem making a folder within a folder.

I don't use Iconoclasm, so I'll be no help there. However, my iPad does display a four icon layout on the springboard (I have not changed from the stock within the folder - that's still in the 3 by 3 configuration).

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts