What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folder color

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I put icons together to make a new folder, the background color is black. Is there a way to change that color? I have numerous tweaks added like, spingtomize, winterboard, activator, folder enhancer etc, I just can't figure out how to change the background color.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have it currently installed, so I can't give you specific [mapping] directions, but Folder Enhancer has settings so that you can change the color of your folder background (when it's open). It's under the Folder Enhancer tab in your Settings app, under appearance.

If you are talking about the folder itself (when it's closed on the Springboard), then I'm afraid you'll have to get a theme from Cydia that already has this changed or create your own.

Marilyn

OP
M

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are talking about the folder itself (when it's closed on the Springboard), then I'm afraid you'll have to get a theme from Cydia that already has this changed or create your own.

Marilyn

Yes, that's what I mean, when the folder is closed on Springboard. I did change the color when the folder opens. So I guess its a theme and not just an option??

Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I mean, when the folder is closed on Springboard. I did change the color when the folder opens. So I guess its a theme and not just an option??

Thanks!

Yeah. I've not tried to theme folders myself (takes more Photoshop skillz than I possess :)). The only thing I can suggest is to find a theme whose folders you like. Then, if you don't want the whole theme (or just want the folders), you can just take those themed files out and use only them. At least, that's what I do... :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts