What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipboard

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whatbim doingntho solved this problem are deleteing thebflipboard, you may check that thisbapp consume lots of storage when youbsync yourbipad to itunes thennyounwill notice right away.

FlipboardCM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just downloaded the Flipboard app and it's great. My only query is there is some feeds that go into say "News" which don't interest me. Ie if I don't want news from New York times, how do I remove this from feeding into the News board?

I hope that makes sense.

Great question. To remove certain sources, you can Hide contributors. Just open a post from the source you would like to remove, then tap on their name / avatar in the lower left and select "Hide". You can manage your hidden contributors by going to settings, just tap the gear icon in the lower right corner of your Favorites page.

You can also create your own News feed or any kind of section by creating a Twitter list and adding it to your Flipboard. Google Reader folders also work if you would like to create sections from RSS feeds.

Thanks!
@FlipboardCM

FlipboardCM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just want to share information that flipboard eat a lot of your storage and causing your storage capacity drain everyday. Currently they have the version 1.5.1 but seems this problme still not solved. I really hope they can solved this problem soon because i also love this apps. Just for your information. Thanks

Regarding this memory issue, this has been a rare and hard to track down issue. Your input would be very helpful in nailing down and solving this problem.

Please visit the official topic to help us with more info: Flipboard taking 1.3GB in my iPad

Thank you!
~ JV

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes i already visit that page, and i read thatsomebody using ver 1.5.1 still having this issue. I also using the 1.5.1 and flipboard takes about 6.7 gb of my storage then i decide to delete it until you guys fixing this issue.

FlipboardCM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for the frustration, anggasaleh We agree this is a serious issue and we want to get to solved. Were you using Flickr or Instagram a lot with Flipboard?

FlipboardCM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, what may be possible is that the fix we implemented with version 1.5 may not work until you reinstall. In other words, if you incrementally added each update, the update process on it's own would not resolve the file size for those that already had an over-sized cache. A reinstall would be necessary.

Now that you have uninstalled, if you could reinstall and use the app - watch the file size and let me know right away if you're seeing it grow too large. We are working on reproducing this and we would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
~ JV

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi JV, yes i already deleted it and reinstall it again, but still the issue is on...for example, after i reinstalled it and im using the flipboard thena approx 30mins later my storage down to 0.2gb. So i decide it to deleted again. Yes im using twitter, facebook and instagram on flipboard and i love using flipboard, but this storage issue is very annoying since i only have 16gb ipad. Thanks for your quick respond.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, what may be possible is that the fix we implemented with version 1.5 may not work until you reinstall. In other words, if you incrementally added each update, the update process on it's own would not resolve the file size for those that already had an over-sized cache. A reinstall would be necessary.

Now that you have uninstalled, if you could reinstall and use the app - watch the file size and let me know right away if you're seeing it grow too large. We are working on reproducing this and we would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!
~ JV
I would like to watch the file size too,how do I do this tho?bit new to iPad.

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which file size? If you want to see your ipad storage apacity then you should go to seeting > general > about. If you want to see the flipboard file size then you go to app store andnfind flipboar apps and that should give you the information about flip board filesize.

FlipboardCM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi JV, yes i already deleted it and reinstall it again, but still the issue is on...for example, after i reinstalled it and im using the flipboard thena approx 30mins later my storage down to 0.2gb. So i decide it to deleted again. Yes im using twitter, facebook and instagram on flipboard and i love using flipboard, but this storage issue is very annoying since i only have 16gb ipad. Thanks for your quick respond.

Thanks for the additional info and confirming that a reinstall has not helped. I've forwarded your comments on to the team. Will let you know if they need more info.

FlipboardCM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Connect your iPad as if you were going to sync it. Select your iPad on the right column, then select the Apps tab. From here you can find Flipboard. Check and un-check Flipboard, and it should show the file size in the Capacity bar at the bottom. Let me know what you find.

Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Connect your iPad as if you were going to sync it. Select your iPad on the right column, then select the Apps tab. From here you can find Flipboard. Check and un-check Flipboard, and it should show the file size in the Capacity bar at the bottom. Let me know what you find.

Thanks!

Clever! I never though of using that to check a single app's footprint. Thanks! :D

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which file size? If you want to see your ipad storage apacity then you should go to seeting > general > about. If you want to see the flipboard file size then you go to app store andnfind flipboar apps and that should give you the information about flip board filesize.
So are you noticing your storage has gone down after you have been using flipboard?

anggasaleh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JV, that is exactly whatim doing earlier and because of that i finally find out what is taking my storage. When im doing that it shows tha flipboard taking about 6gb. Thanks

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just used flipboard for a while and my storage was the same before and after,I will keep an eye on it tho.

Most reactions