Flipboard Launches World's First Social Magazine

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Jul 21, 2010.

1. arshield

arshield
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I think it is a pretty app and I like the way it handles information. But it is not good for showing you all the information. So I don't like it as my only twitter/facebook app. I can monitor twitter (I usually ignore facebook anyway) and then at the end of the day flip through. I usually find something that I missed.

2. drwinston001

drwinston001
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    this app shows the potential of the iPad. Whether that potential is realised with flipboard is another matter.

I had to wait about a week before I could integrate my twitter and facebook feeds and as of about 10 minutes ago my facebook feed has never actually worked.

It's good for a free app though without doubt. I enjoy reading random news that I would never have come across. If I could add one thing it would be location. I enjoy all sorts of sports but the sports section only refers on a regular basis to American sports. That's all fine but baseball is a girls sport played by men so I'm not interested ;) In all seriousness, as football (soccer) is my main passion it doesn't touch on that enough as it's American based. This and other American bias towards stories will mean it probably won't be as successful as it could be throughout the world except America, unless they can use location