Flipboard iPad App Gets Cover Stories With New Update

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    [​IMG]

Flipboard announced today that its iPad app has received a major update, which includes the addition of the popular Cover Stories feature that was introduced for iPhone and iPod touch back in December. Cover Stories gives the reader one place where they can quickly catch up on some of the most interesting stories, posts and photos from everything that they have connected to their Flipboard. Cover Stories shows up as a new “double tile” on Flipboard’s first page, and learns what you like from your interactions with news, posts and photos shared by friends and sources. Over time, Cover Stories on Flipboard will become increasing relevant to the individual user, giving you one place to catch up on all your social news.

For the iPad version of Flipboard, the app’s design and editorial team has applied the feel and flow of a magazine to real-time social media content. Here’s a list of the update’s many new features, courtesy of Flipboard:

[FONT=&amp]Click here to download the free app: Flipboard for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Flipboard[/FONT]
  2. jessbarney777

jessbarney777 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Flipboard Censorship

I've been following the news about Flipboard's International version for China with great interest. Have you ever seen the the edition used in China? I do wonder what Flipboard would look like without the social networking content. I always thought that social networking content in magazine format was at least a portion of the point of Flipboard's existence.
  3. ChristianaR

ChristianaR iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    LOVE Flipboard. Great that the new version improves the iPad experience, and it's great that we now have three pages instead of two. They've added more Flipboard-curated options too. Loving.

I've also discovered SkyGrid. Similar concept. But I don't think I'll ever leave F.