What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flipboard For iPad Review / Twitter And Facebook As A Magazine

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-zHXDvIdbM]YouTube - Flipboard For iPad Review / Twitter And Facebook As A Magazine[/ame]​

Flipboard is a cool App for iPad where you can log in to your Twitter or Facebook, and it will make it into a great look magazine. So basically, it make your Social Network into something a bit more interesting to read. This is one of the coolest Apps I've seen on the iPad so far. For the cheap price of "free" you cant really fight with that.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great interface, questionable execution.
Just lying in bed here thinking of deleting the app.
Several reasons.
Flip action annoyingly variable, limited boxes and aggregation ultimately messy resulting in an indigestible stew of information........
Would rather use RSS feeds, web browser and specific clients for greater control.
Yep confirmed. Bye bye app........

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not at all satisfied with the Facebook feed. The Twitter feed seems OK - perhaps a little disorganized. The Facebook feed is horribly lacking. I can look up Facdebook directly on the web and see different comments. Flipboard seems to have to post big pictures - so very old posts can end up at the beginning of my Flipboard Facebook feed. I'll only see two or three pages of comments with I look at Flipboard for Facebook.

All in all I find Flipboard very pretty - but unusable for Facebook.

ncus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Content slow

Content push is too slow. I rather read RSS feed with Reeder. :(

What I like is sharing system. It's very easy to share every post with twitter.

drwinston001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no sharing facility with facebook which seems odd. The twitter sharing is fine but obviously facebook isn't needed?

great idea but a lot more work needs to go into it. As I've said before I'm a big sports fan but that doesn't mean I want to read American sports only. If you could put feeds from your favourite sites and not just the few selected it would be better. Adding BBC would be very good.

Either way, I still find it easier to just go onto the website I'm looking at whether that be facebook or twitter. It's good for stuff you wouldn't otherwise have read though and as it's free it's hard to be too judgemental. Shows the potential in the iPad though.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the concept,I think they need to make a few updates for it to be fully functional

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the concept,I think they need to make a few updates for it to be fully functional

I agree! I knocked it by saying I'm not satisfied - and I'm not. But there is a heck of a lot of potential here. I hope they reach out to users for suggestions, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts