What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flip videos on iPad

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have hd videos on my MacBook pro from my flip camera that I would like to sync to my iPad. I know there is a way to do this through iTunes but have forgotten the routine. Can anyone help here?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Drag the files into iTunes.

Plug in your iPad and select it from the left column when it shows up in iTunes. Choose the Movies tab and make sure the movies are set to sync. Sync.

Thats assuming the file formats are compatible. If they are not you'll have to convert them first. Too many ways to do that for me to cover without a lot more information.

OP
W

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flip videos to iPad

Thanks...the flip videos often don't appear in iTunes movies so can't select them to sync. I know flip videos aren't in a format the iPad recognizes but thought you could get them into the correct format through QuickTime. They should then appear in iTunes but some don't. Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I recently downloaded a free video converter from the new OSX App store. It is called Miro Video Converter. Reviews say it is good, and optimized to produce mobile video.

I haven't had a reason to try it yet, so if you want to be the guinea pig I'm more than willing to let you. ;)

OP
W

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works!

Yeah it worked fine...just have to remember to check all the videos to sync otherwise iTunes wipes unchecked movies from iPad....thanks again!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Great! Thanks for letting me know.

I'll have to try it on my Droid X videos soon. They get saved in a weird .gp format.

Quicktime can play them, and save them in another format, but it won't batch convert them. It was a bit of a pain when I wanted to make a movie out of some clips a few months ago.

Most reactions

Latest posts